Does Mail App Live Tile Show unread Count?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It shows the number of emails, just a notification. This count goes to zero when you open email, makes no difference if you read them or not.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It shows the number of emails, just a notification. This count goes to zero when you open email, makes no difference if you read them or not.

Hmm much like the windows phone app would work. That is fine but I don't see any count at all though. I have the wide tile.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmm much like the windows phone app would work. That is fine but I don't see any count at all though. I have the wide tile.
Exactly. The tile count is the "number of new things in this folder since you last looked." (The folder is typically "Inbox", but it could be others.) This way, you can take a quick look to know that there's something new demanding your attention.

The alternative, showing the total of unread messages, would require you to remember what the number was previously so that you could subtract it from the numbers showing now to determine if there's something new. Once in the app, they should show the total unread somewhere as a sort of nudge to get you to handle your mail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs