Why can I no longer revert back to previous Windows from Windows 10 Tech Preview?

ComradeJ

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Can No Longer revert back to previous windows from Windows 10 Tech Preview

Hi,

I installed the technical preview on my Surface Pro (gen 1), It's great and all. Gets smoother with each update, however, I'd like to revert back to 8.1 pro so I can reserve my copy of Windows 10.

I don't exactly know if the tech preview will auto-update to the full OS when Win10 releases July29 and I've tried to search for an answer to that question and the answers I find refer to Microsoft releasing "ISOs" when the full OS comes out and I don't know how to do those things so that's why I want to revert back and reserve.
This is my first time trying out OS preview builds. I made a USB recovery drive before I installed it though.

I tried using it to refresh my SurfacePro back to windows 8.1 using my USB recovery drive, but the only option I get when it comes to choosing a target operating system to refresh is just windows 10.

Any help with this?

Thanks

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can No Longer revert back to previous windows from Windows 10 Tech Preview

Hi,

I installed the technical preview on my Surface Pro (gen 1), It's great and all. Gets smoother with each update, however, I'd like to revert back to 8.1 pro so I can reserve my copy of Windows 10.

I don't exactly know if the tech preview will auto-update to the full OS when Win10 releases July29 and I've tried to search for an answer to that question and the answers I find refer to Microsoft releasing "ISOs" when the full OS comes out and I don't know how to do those things so that's why I want to revert back and reserve.
This is my first time trying out OS preview builds. I made a USB recovery drive before I installed it though.

I tried using it to refresh my SurfacePro back to windows 8.1 using my USB recovery drive, but the only option I get when it comes to choosing a target operating system to refresh is just windows 10.

Any help with this?

Thanks

When Windows 10 hits on July 29th, you will automatically get the full genuine version of Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos