Do I need to revert back to windows 7 home basic to upgrade to windows 10? Other Suggestions.

Pisu

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have genuine windows 7 home basic that was preloaded when I bought the laptop but I upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate using code that I found on internet, so basically right now I have pirated windows 7 ultimate. So how should I upgrade to windows 10?

Should I go back to home basic version before upgrading? If yes, how should I do that?

OR should I upgrade normally and use the product key provided on the backside of laptop?

TheSteve87

May 7, 2015
Visit site
you have to roll back to windows 7 basic in order to activate the license your computer came with and then upgrade to windows 10.

you can use a windows ultimate iso to do this: with windows dvd/usb download tool prepare a bootable usb pen with your win ultimate iso. then when the pen is ready, go to /sources and delete the two files ei.cfg and cversion.cfg, this way you'll be able to install win7 home over your win7 ultimate as an upgrade without losing anything, and then open a command prompt as administrator, enter "slui 3" and enter your win7 home product key; this way you'll have back your legal copy of win7 to upgrade to win10

or you can choose to do a full format and reinstall windows, in the same way.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That depends on whether you want to stay in the insider preview or not. The insider preview is not going away and will continue to be the fast track for windows 10 testing of updates and features and will follow the build paradigm.

If you have no issues with staying on the insider preview route just make sure you have your computer linked to a Microsoft account and you will receive the next build on the 29th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa