Can I get some help with the Windows 10 reservation?

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Please help me with the Windows 10 reservation.

PS - Please read the whole thing.

So I'm writing this after adequate research. I have Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (Genuine) in a Toshiba Laptop (Satellite L645). I must say that I didn't use this laptop for a couple of years since it was not working but about 2 months ago i got it fixed by installing a new motherboard.

After fixing it I tried updating the system. Most of the updates got installed except for some. They failed every time. But I tried some things and a few of those got installed. The rest still failed. Microsoft Office 2007 updates ( KB2596787, KB2767849 ) keeps failing every time. Also there are few more updates which keeps re-appearing even after I install them. I checked the installed updates and they have been installed yet they still appear.

Those updates are:-

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2871997)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3004375)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3031432)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3033929)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3045999)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3046269)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2882822)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3068708)

I would like to know how to fix these problems. I've searched for solutions but couldn't find any that work.

I am also not seeing the Windows 10 reservation notification. At this point, I don't know what to do. I know that I need to have these 2 updates ( KB3035583, KB2952664 ) in order to be eligible to receive the notification but I cannot install them since they do not appear in windows update.

So what I want to know are,
1) What do I about those updates I mentioned about.
2)What do I have to do in order to receive the Windows 10 notification

I reached out to Windows Central because I know that this is a very good community. So I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. Thank you. :)

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Please help me with the Windows 10 reservation.

I have Office 2010 installed. That's working fine. Cannot uninstall Office 2007, an error pops up. I will check the link now.

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Still no solution. I guess I can't reserve it. Well, they say that after July 29th all the compatible hardware will get the notification. I guess I have to wait and see. If you have a solution though, please let me know. I still don't know what to do with those updates.

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

System Update Readiness Tool. Look for it. It has to be for Windows 7 same bitness as your laptop. You're going to have to reset your Windows Update state with this tool. Otherwise you will have to perform a repair install.

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

If you have any antivirus installed, try to uninstall it and run WU troubleshooter again http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...troubleshooter. Don't worry though you'll still get the upgrade, reserving isn't a really big deal anyway.

I don't have an antivirus program. only thing I use is Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried WU troubleshooter. It says it fixed some errors but unable to fix one.
Well after July 29th, will I be able to install Windows 10 without a problem or do I have to have some particular updates. For example KB3035583 and KB2952664?

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

System Update Readiness Tool. Look for it. It has to be for Windows 7 same bitness as your laptop. You're going to have to reset your Windows Update state with this tool. Otherwise you will have to perform a repair install.

I came across that tool in a forum. I can't download it because I don't have any GB left in my internet connection. I have to wait till next month. I hope it fixes it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You said you replaced your motherboard.

What I would do is reinstall windows with a clean install. All your problems be gone :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Look for "Digital River Windows 7 DVD". The media is original but may or may not work with the OEM key. For some reason the key from my MSI worked with it.

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I'm gonna reinstall windows. I just want to know what will be lost and what I have to reinstall again? for exam, do I have to reinstall drivers?
I'm gonna download the windows 7 file then transfer to an external drive and continue the process. Do I have to back up everything or just backing up music, pictures, videos and game files is enough?

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I'm gonna reinstall windows. I just want to know what will be lost and what I have to reinstall again? for exam, do I have to reinstall drivers?
I'm gonna download the windows 7 file then transfer to an external drive and continue the process. Do I have to back up everything or just backing up music, pictures, videos and game files is enough?

Before you try that, have you tested the batch file I linked to on my previous post?

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, when I try to download it, Chrome identifies it as malicious. But I do have a batch file which checks whether I have those 2 important updates and has 3 fixes which could be used. Is that the same thing you suggested?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99