Windows 10 Upgrade issue

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have currently windows 8 running. I know I wont be able to upgrade to Windows 10 directly. I will be upgrading via create installation media (DVD). I tried via store previously and again rolled back because it would prompt me that some files are missing, although the OS was working but I had system metro apps broken so upgrading via DVD iso. Now my question is : I have windows 8 genuine copy which came preinstalled by my OEM (HP) and I dont have serial key. If the installation asks me for a key where would I get it from. 2. Would using programs which identify our OS keys are safe? 3. If they misuse my key and somebody would use that key to upgrade to Windows 10 before I do is that possible?

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 8 and above have the key for windows embedded in the bios. Activation SHOULD be automatic. From what I have read though having 8.1 is a requirement to upgrading to 10.

2. Not required
3. Not possible since the original activation of windows uploads a hardware id to Microsoft which locks the, in this case windows 8, code to your specific device. If you try to use it on another device it will just fail.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8 and above have the key for windows embedded in the bios. Activation SHOULD be automatic. From what I have read though having 8.1 is a requirement to upgrading to 10.

2. Not required
3. Not possible since the original activation of windows uploads a hardware id to Microsoft which locks the, in this case windows 8, code to your specific device. If you try to use it on another device it will just fail.
I'll go forward with the creation media process and if it asks for key ill use the key finder program.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

2. Not required
Actually I was talking about upgrading 8 to 8.1 I know i wont be able to upgrade directly to 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo