Hard disk space issues after Win10 10130+ builds

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

I have 83gb allocated for Windows10, but it looks like I have 50mb left on the drive, which doesn't make much sense to me.
Before the weekend, I was sitting at over 30gb left, but since the install for 10159, it had gone down to 9gb and down to 50mb today...

I've run disk cleanup for the drive many times, and it had supposedly gotten rid of all the old windows files, but I'm still left with no space.

Anybody else going through anything similar?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Go to system settings > storage > temporary files, there you can delete the previous version of Windows.
I did this on all of my PCs, it's safe

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've run disk cleanup for the drive many times, and it had supposedly gotten rid of all the old windows files, but I'm still left with no space.
Just to make sure, did you run disk clean up as an administrator?
I used it in 10159 to get rid of the older versions and reclaimed >20GB in temporary files

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Just to make sure, did you run disk clean up as an administrator?
I used it in 10159 to get rid of the older versions and reclaimed >20GB in temporary files

Yeah I ran it as admin, it had originally shown 11.2gb of old windows files so I deleted them but still somehow only recovered 25mb.

As for system settings > storage > temporary files, it shows it as 0 bytes.

It's impossible that I took up 83gb also. All I've got on this drive is Windows and Dota2 (couldn't load any other way)

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I ran it as admin, it had originally shown 11.2gb of old windows files so I deleted them but still somehow only recovered 25mb.

As for system settings > storage > temporary files, it shows it as 0 bytes.

It's impossible that I took up 83gb also. All I've got on this drive is Windows and Dota2 (couldn't load any other way)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa