Updating with an ISO will i keep my free upgrade?

ljohn2

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
so i updated to windows 10 via the windows update path in windows 8.1, if i update to build 10162 via an iso will i still keep my free full copy of windows 10 when its released? im trying to install the iso by mounting it in windows and using the built in setup process.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
What if I have Windows 8.1 pro? I already reserved a copy and waiting for the official release to upgrade through the windows update or whatever but What if I formatted my PC and I want to install a fresh windows 10? I don't want to install windows 8 then upgrade. I need my reservation as standalone.

Do I need to buy it? And can I choose which version of Windows 10 to get? I don't want pro but I need home version.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What if I have Windows 8.1 pro? I already reserved a copy and waiting for the official release to upgrade through the windows update or whatever but What if I formatted my PC and I want to install a fresh windows 10? I don't want to install windows 8 then upgrade. I need my reservation as standalone.

Do I need to buy it? And can I choose which version of Windows 10 to get? I don't want pro but I need home version.
As I understand you will have to do an in-place upgrade initially to qualify for the free upgrade. After that you can do a clean install from some form of installation media. I haven't heard how that will work, but I presume you will be able to create some kind of clean installation media once it's installed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12