OneDrive online files missing

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I just signed up for the last Build of the Techincal Preview. Such big surprised I had when I saw that now the files on OneDrive that are not selected to be offline are just not there. With Windows 8.1 I had my entire OneDrive folder set online to make free space on my computer.

Did I miss any option on the settings of the operating system or the OneDrive app to make my online files still appear there?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes! OneDrive in Windows 10 works differently, it ditches File Placeholder feature because MS finds it confusing for most user, and they replace it with Selective Sync. File Explorer will only show files that available offline. If you want to see your online file you need to go to OneDrive app or browser.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
As said above, placeholders were removed as they caused confusion with too many users.
Although it won't be available for launch, I believe Microsoft is working on an alternative to placeholders

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Ah sorry for having missed this change :( I think it was a very useful feature! I used it almost all the time, as I have an unlimited storage OneDrive account and I put there all of my personal files.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah sorry for having missed this change :( I think it was a very useful feature! I used it almost all the time, as I have an unlimited storage OneDrive account and I put there all of my personal files.

The problem is most people doesn't have fast internet everywhere, they expect the files to be there, they get disappointed when they found it's just a placeholder and can't access it. However, be sure to vote on feedback app, I believe MS is working on it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Only just found this, I have to admit I thought I had the OneDrive app as a shortcut was on my start page, but it was actually a shortcut to the actual OneDrive folder, so I tried to get the app and all I get is error code 0x80240024

Any clues

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Their short sightedness to this is amazing. If you buy a Surface Pro and you get 1TB of space what good is it if you want to utilise the space for file storage and retrival? Just because some are confused doesn not mean we all need to suffer. My 128GB of Surface Pro space is not enought that is what I have 1TB in the cloud and expect to utilize it with One Drive otherwise what is the point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion