'Get Windows 10' Compatibility check - Touch users, is this the same for you?

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, in desperate need of some clarification with something.

I've ran the compatibility check on two all-in-one desktop PCs with touchscreen displays; a Samsung DP700A3D and a HP Pavilion 22, to be exact. The former does appear to be superior spec-wise.

When the app first became available, it highlighted potential issues for both devices; a Bluetooth device (no concern for me) and a AMD graphics device (slightly more serious, but a different issue) respectively for the two mentioned models. The Bluetooth issue on the Samsung soon disappeared from the list. Then, the GWX app seems to have been updated; it no longer shows me a list of issues, instead showing me the same screen on both PCs, listing the following four things:

'Memory: Meets Requirements'
'Processor: 1GHz or faster'
'Data and files: Ready'

All of these have a green tick/check next to them. So far, so good. Then, there's my cause for concern:

'Touchscreen: Not required'. The tick next to this is not green, it's grey.

Obviously, this is worrying me. The main reason for the purchases of all-in-one computers instead of standard desktops was their touchscreen displays. Whilst I really want to upgrade them to Windows 10 this summer, I have to be resolute in that no touch = no upgrade for me. Touch ability is a big deal for me. There seemed to be no flagged issues with the touch display beforehand, and the computers were only released a few years ago, preinstalled with Windows 8. Drivers seem up to date.

So, if you are a touch user, do you have a green tick/check next to 'Touchscreen' under 'Check your PC' in the Get Windows 10 app? It seems simple, but it could help me loads in understanding this.

Any help would be massively appreciated, thank you.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well since they are 'all-in-one' PC's, touch really is optional on these form factor. They're typically paired with mouse and keyboard since after all they are desktops, not ATM machines. If you have a tablet or a touchscreen only device then you would get a more specified description like ready or caution, might not work or something.

So yeah, 'not required' doesn't mean 'omg it's not green for some reason and therefore it will not work'. It just means not required, like you know, optional, you can but you don't have to.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well since they are 'all-in-one' PC's, touch really is optional on these form factor. They're typically paired with mouse and keyboard since after all they are desktops, not ATM machines. If you have a tablet or a touchscreen only device then you would get a more specified description like ready or caution, might not work or something.

So yeah, 'not required' doesn't mean 'omg it's not green for some reason and therefore it will not work'. It just means not required, like you know, optional, you can but you don't have to.

Yeah, I appreciate that the check for touch will likely be more focused on tablets, but my fear is that the app has not identified my computers as touch-enabled. I worry whether that is due to an incompatibility that will mean with Windows 10 the touchscreens on my devices will no longer respond.

If there is meant to be a green tick next to 'touchscreen', as I hope to find out from others who have touch, then I can identify whether this currently-working feature has not been recognised by the checker, or whether I am in fact fine and this is all normal. As it's non-required, perhaps it's meant to come up grey when it is recognised. I'm hoping to clarify these things with this thread.

xibartx

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
mine is same.....I would imagine if device manager can see it then it will be found. It is not like it went through a full scan so not very thorough "check"....I am not worried....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99