Charms bar on windows 10 tablet mode

Jishnu Paarth

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I seen something interesting today on windows 10 tablet mode. When I moved taskbar from bottom to the right side of the screen and selected auto hide in the properties suddenly I see charms bar like behavior on the screen. Only difference is the placement of the icons. Being a chasm bar lover, I am feeling very much happy with this behavior. Excited!!! Waiting for the official release. Go Microsoft!!!:cool:

Thanks,
Jishnu

eshloraque

May 2, 2015
Visit site
How do you get rid of the notification center, so it doesn't open all the times, when you like to open the task bar? (and I'm talking about tablet mode and right swipe)

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i like it more than the charms bar 2. I noticed though that on the surface pro 3 I couldn't swipe in from the touchpad to bring up the notification menu, but there is an option for a three finger tap that brings it up. Good alternative!

I'm not sure if there is possibly a better implementation of brightness- I prefer the slider but the 23-50-75-100 settings aren't horrible by any means.

Roy Khoh

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I auto hide the taskbar to maximise screen real estate on my 8" tablet.
Holding my tablet on the left and right, I find it annoying to swipe from bottom to show the taskbar just to go "back" - since they removed swiping left and right to go back and forward on websites.

I tried the taskbar on the right like OP but the Action Centre keeps popping up. If I tapped close enough to the right edge, the taskbar appears. That's a big IF, though.

I tried the taskbar on the left and it would be ideal as soon as I can disable the task switcher from coming up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss