So Groove ... why not LIVE Music and LIVE Video?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's just a name people lmfao. I couldn't care less personally what it was called as long as it works as it should.

Groove isn't bad....

1. Microsoft should've brought Myxer and potentially use that as a new name

2. Siren

3. Melody

4. Aria

I like Siren and Aria :D

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This is dumb as ever trying to chase bloggers to decide for the public what is and isn't good. The public decides much of this and Groove will be as good as the rest, if it isn't already.

I wasn't "chasing" anyone. I happened to link to an article by an author who shares my views. I'm glad you're optimistic about Microsoft's music offering, but many others, myself included, are not. And with good, well documented, reasons. I'd be more than happy to see you proven right.

It's serviceable, yes, and with certain utility, but with a very long way to go in order to compete with the other players in the space.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should have kept MixRadio and added a subscription tier to download specific albums of choice while making it all available for offline use.
No lipstick needed on a divine being.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, the old man will chime in.

Those who weren't alive in the 70s may not understand but here goes. I'm a huge R&B fan and I couldn't possibly fathom Peaches & Herb doing "Shake your Live thing" or Earth, Wind and Fire doing "Let's Live tonight".

Groove is groovy. There I said it. And yes, I still call the police "The Fuzz".

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
To all the rock and metal fans claiming they can't groove to their music...hello, Pantera, Bad Brains, Prong, Sepultura, Spiritual Beggars, ah Sepultura again? \m/><\m/

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
OK, the old man will chime in.

Those who weren't alive in the 70s may not understand but here goes. I'm a huge R&B fan and I couldn't possibly fathom Peaches & Herb doing "Shake your Live thing" or Earth, Wind and Fire doing "Let's Live tonight".

Groove is groovy. There I said it. And yes, I still call the police "The Fuzz".

I'm tellin' ya! These young people only know "samples" of our music and act like they've created something worthy of a spot on R&B or Rock n Roll halls of fame. None of these young lions are talking about, " a chair is still a chair, even when there is no one sitting there." or "
The Temptations: Wish that I could catch, a night train to the past, climb aboard and hear you ask, Darling come inside" or The Whispers

Feel much like romancing
How'd you like to wine and dine?
I'd like to take you dancin'
Candle lights and dinner
(We'll both relax)

We'll dance to sweet music
How about some Marvin Gaye?
Feel like some sexual healing
Just relax and let me do, let me do things my way..."

That's the Groove. That's not xbox or LIVE.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How about some Marvin Gaye?

Preach!

It's funny how circumstances can alter life choices. When my family and I came from Cuba in '69 there was nothing going on in Miami so we moved further North where my dad could find some work. The music scene was unusual for us since it sounded very different but my brother and I got a brief respite on weekends listening to some stuff that sounded like our own music. It was this new show called Soul Train, maybe you've heard of it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Preach!

It's funny how circumstances can alter life choices. When my family and I came from Cuba in '69 there was nothing going on in Miami so we moved further North where my dad could find some work. The music scene was unusual for us since it sounded very different but my brother and I got a brief respite on weekends listening to some stuff that sounded like our own music. It was this new show called Soul Train, maybe you've heard of it.

Fatclue: my brotha from another motha. If you grew up in the SoulTrain era, then you know of the groups I'm talking about. Moments, Whatnauts, Teddy P, Dramatics, Delphonics and the list goes on...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Fatclue: my brotha from another motha. If you grew up in the SoulTrain era, then you know of the groups I'm talking about. Moments, Whatnauts, Teddy P, Dramatics, Delphonics and the list goes on...

Chi-Lites, Stylistics, Spinners....Parliament Funk was bad and the Ohio Players were some cool cats.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My gram ma ma just passed. Two of her kids passed before her, they grew up in the 60's. I found stacks of records from the 70's just waiting to be played. Of course I have a record player. Saw some Peaches and lots of Motown. Can't wait to listen to them in glory. RIP gram ma mas.....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Chi-Lites, Stylistics, Spinners....Parliament Funk was bad and the Ohio Players were some cool cats.
We had artists back in the day and their work still lives. These kids today take samples of work from our era, craft something with electronics and hope no one knows the difference. Speaking of Spinners, how 'bout,

"Early on Sunday morning.
Breakfast was ON the table.
There was no time, to eat,
She said to me,
boy hurry to Sunday school....

Classics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire