Still Haven't got Windows 10 icon

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The icon appeared this morning on both machines.
My opinion still stands: The Windows Insider flag on my accounts must have gotten in the way of saving the copies properly and thus I could not get the app to show.
Now the waiting game begins when I receive notification to upgrade.

Regards,

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Tnx. That did the trick. Installed that Win10 fix file in one of the YouTube videos. Much appreciated.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Tried the Win10 fix thing. It didn't work for me. Its not appearing on neither my laptop or windows tablet. Which begs the question if some of my settings are wrong. The app is there in system32 but just doesn't show up on the taskbar and doesn't run when I try to run it manually from the gwx folder

NeoDerGrosse

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I even lost the icon. I had it for some time and did reserve my upgrade as soon as I got it. Today I started my PC and it was gone. I have all updates installed but no upgrade folder yet and no networkload. Also no failed Updates in Windows Update, just the icon isn't there anymore.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Tried the Win10 fix thing. It didn't work for me. Its not appearing on neither my laptop or windows tablet. Which begs the question if some of my settings are wrong. The app is there in system32 but just doesn't show up on the taskbar and doesn't run when I try to run it manually from the gwx folder

I am experiencing the same problem.
But screw it I'm downloading ISOs and will simply install Windows 10 from there. I have just one last question. Will all of my data get erased if I install Windows 10 from a bootable device like a USB flash drive using the ISO provided by MSFT?
Also Guide me on making backups.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem.
But screw it I'm downloading ISOs and will simply install Windows 10 from there. I have just one last question. Will all of my data get erased if I install Windows 10 from a bootable device like a USB flash drive using the ISO provided by MSFT?
Also Guide me on making backups.

I'm doing that too as I have type. Had no problems upgrading my SP3, but this Dell laptop has been a pain in the ****!

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing that too as I have type. Had no problems upgrading my SP3, but this Dell laptop has been a pain in the ****!

Couldn't upgrade through ISOs either.
Selecting Upgrade this PC on the media tool will lead to an error that says something happened (and nothing more than that) and windows 10 installation fails if I try to install from a Bootable Usb.
Thanks for screwing me Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077