Still Haven't got Windows 10 icon

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey WC, I'm on a Windows 7 pc right now ( an HP all in one), I have installed all the updates that came out to me and I've also set up windows updates to automatic. Windows 7 Service pack 1 is alrinstalled and my PC meets the minimum requirements to run Windows 10. But I have still not got the ' Get Windows 10' icon on the icon tray. Can anyone guide me?

shorski

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure you have done all the necessary updates for your PC? You need to make sure that your PC is fully updated or you won't get it. Check for updates manually. Install all important and optional updates. Also include updates from your PC brand

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Try running the script from https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u0au9xgy6ss18p/win10fix_full.zip?dl=0
you do not need a dropbox account to download if you get the prompt just x out of the box and it should start downloading.
Took a peek at the code and nothing harmful is included. Basically a nice package that expands on what I have seen elsewhere.

Had a loaner laptop on my domain and removed it from active directory and was playing around with the get windows x app. I was having issues getting the gwx app to show in the taskbar as well and the script fixed it for me.

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.
My custom built PC is experiencing the same problem.
I have a tablet and my desktop PC linked to my Microsoft account.
No Icon. Script says, everything is fine, updates are present every requirement is met. Icon not showing on Desktop PC and tablet.
I even re-installed the updates to make sure everything is fine. My media-Center PC which has just a local account is only active when watching movies, got the icon. PC of my GF has the icon and is already reserved.

I think it has something to do with the fact, that I enrolled as a Windows Insider, but I have found no confirmation that it has something to do with that.
And if that is the "issue": How do I fix it? How do I download the official Windows 10 Update or how do I enroll for the new license?

Kind regards,

joeragan

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I have HP laptop too, 6 months old with Core i7 and 16 GB RAM running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. All hotfixes from Microsoft as well as HP have been installed. Still no GWX icon in my taskbar.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have HP laptop too, 6 months old with Core i7 and 16 GB RAM running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. All hotfixes from Microsoft as well as HP have been installed. Still no GWX icon in my taskbar.

I'm also having that issue on my Dell Inspiron 1750 with 4gb of RAM. It was originally running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I had upgraded it to 8.1 Pro 64 bit. I've done all the win 8.1 updates, so it's all current. But I still don't see that Win10 update icon in my system tray.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys, How much free space do you have left in your C Drive?
I was thinking that the minimum free Disk space requirement for win 10 is 20gb (16 gb for 32 bit) and my pc has just 12 gb free space in C drive. It could have something to do with it right?

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Guys, How much free space do you have left in your C Drive?
I was thinking that the minimum free Disk space requirement for win 10 is 20gb (16 gb for 32 bit) and my pc has just 12 gb free space in C drive. It could have something to do with it right?

I have 304gb free on my Win8.1 laptop.

I wonder if the fact that I have reserved a copy on my Surface Pro 3 be the issue? Machines are using the same login.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have 304gb free on my Win8.1 laptop.

I wonder if the fact that I have reserved a copy on my Surface Pro 3 be the issue? Machines are using the same login.

I meant free space particularly in C Drive?

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Lack of hard drive space could very well be your issue. I would try running disk cleanup with the system option and remove what ever you can. Having a reserved copy on another system has no bearing. Microsoft has previously stated that you can upgrade as many devices as you have valid keys for on the same account. Besides that linking does not occur until you specifically hit the reserve button which at this stage you haven't gotten to yet.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
W7 user here with HP Pavilion DV7 laptop. When you install updates make sure you got all updates selected from important updates. By default not all of them are selected. If your Windows is pirated copy avoid KB971033 (also in important updates)

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
W7 user here with HP Pavilion DV7 laptop. When you install updates make sure you got all updates selected from important updates. By default not all of them are selected. If your Windows is pirated copy avoid KB971033 (also in important updates)

I've installed all required and optional updates. I'm not running a pirated version.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Go on YouTube and type: Windows 10 invitation not showing there are several tutorials that will walk you through it, I had to do that today and it worked great

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The gwx installation folder is in the system32 directory. Check your event viewer. Applications and services, Microsoft, Windows, gwx-ins and see if you have any errors. Make sure you are not joined to a domain and Windows update is set to automatic.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Go on YouTube and type: Windows 10 invitation not showing there are several tutorials that will walk you through it, I had to do that today and it worked great

Tnx. That did the trick. Installed that Win10 fix file in one of the YouTube videos. Much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss