WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW HELP - stuck on spinning gears, how can I move from this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW HELP - stuck on spinning gears

I've recently tried installing the latest preview for Windows 10 Mobile with the Lumia 635 (10149) through the preview program and at first, it started out just fine with no problems. But after a little while, problems started occurring (apps wouldn't update properly, showing an error code) and I thought I'd reset my phone, thus deleting everything from the phone. But it would then restart and show the spinning gears, turn off, show the spinning gears again repeat the whole thing over and over non-stop overnight. Is there any way I can fix this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW HELP - stuck on spinning gears

Try this trick.

Power down the phone. Remove the battery.

Open Windows Phone Recovery Tool on your computer. How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Plug your 635 into the USB port. Hold the Volume Down Button and insert the battery. If you see an exclamation screen immediately release the Volume Down key.
exclamation_mark.jpg

WPRT should recognize your phone and revert you to official. You can go back on 10 if you like...

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW HELP - stuck on spinning gears

Yeah its all about timing, especially with us who don't have removable batteries. I had the same problem with my Icon and had to time it just right just like he said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6