The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Right now in W8.1 I can just press win key, start typing and I'm sure to have the result that I need without doing anything else. In W10 (build 162), I can't do it. Cortana shows web results first (and I'm totally not interested in them since I just want to search for apps and settings) and, to search for settings, I need to click a button below on left (don't remember the name). Searching between apps doesn't work at all (from the same frame of the settings search I can click on "Show: App" but it says that there's a problem and I need to retry later).

Since the release date is approaching, I want to think that I'm doing it wrong instead of having this key feature broken right now.

So, can you please tell me how to search between apps/settings without having to deal with web results first (causing unnecessary mouse clicks to get to the result)?

EDIT: I'm posting here because I can't even search for the Feedback app to report this..
    07-10-2015 04:26 AM
    The web results appears below apps and settings results. Here at least.
    07-10-2015 08:30 AM
    search.png

Not here unfortunately.
    07-10-2015 08:35 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	108255

Not here unfortunately.
    Do you have FireFox installed? Even Files and Folder appears (but apps and settings always appears first):

Look:

facebook.png
    Last edited by Zapella Tiago; 07-10-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    07-10-2015 08:38 AM
    Of course I have it installed.
    Now I'm installing the last build so I can't post a screenshot, but if I go in "My stuff" and then select the option to show only apps it says that there is a problem with search and that I should try it later.

Can you please show me a screenshot of what happens if you search for "PIN"? (I'd expect the option to replace the complex password with a 4 digits pin like in W8.1 but I can't get it in 10).

EDIT: BTW it also happens that if I search for "OneDrive" it shows the Store result instead of the desktop app.

EDIT: I think that the issue may be related to switching to SSD, which I did just before upgrading to build 162. I just disabled the indexing features on my SSD to make its life longer, so the cause should be the indexing service and not the update to 162
    07-10-2015 08:58 AM
    That PIN settings must be set up again, was broken but know it works.

pin1.png
    07-10-2015 09:09 AM
    Ok, it was related to indexing service (which is still odd, indexing should work for files and not for settings).
    Sorry for the post, I was so frustrated this morning! :)
    07-10-2015 09:11 AM
    OneDrive results:

OneDrive desktop app first and then Store.

onedrive.png
    07-10-2015 09:11 AM
    Ok, it was related to indexing service (which is still odd, indexing should work for files and not for settings).
    Sorry for the post, I was so frustrated this morning! :)
    Don't worry mate. Let see what happen when you finished the upgrade.
    07-10-2015 09:13 AM