Continuum auto-detect

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
i'm wondering if it's just me but I really miss an "auto-detect on startup" option for continuum in the settings of continuum. E.g. if I'm using my surface 3 without keyboard attached, it's in "tablet"-mode. then I power it off and attach the keyboard and power it on again with the keyboard extended and attached but it will start in "tablet"-mode and not in "laptop"-mode. so I have to manually change from tablet mode to laptop mode eventhough the keyboard is attached and working. this is quite annoying for me and I can't understand why there is no such option in the settings.. what about you guys?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
At this point, it seems continuum is hit-or-miss. A believe a firmware update and drivers are needed for it to work on the Surface Pro 3, which most users already have. However, getting it to start up in the correct mode by detecting the mode on start-up is just not an option made available by Microsoft yet.

My suggestion, everyone leave feedback on the issue through the Windows Feedback app and make sure Microsoft gets the message that continuum needs a lot of work still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans