TH1 Professional 10240

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have similar setup, only Lenovo Laptop, was an XP downgrade (during the Vista debacle)......W10 running amazing!!! Its faster than ever, and I feel like it will go for a lot longer. W10 has given new life to an old PC (that didn't stop me from buying a SP3 though).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Still buggy in my setup, Edge is a POS still, Even on this site, I have it just close for no reason (and I reset it back to factory), so need to use IE for sites including this one. About 3-4 older programs that worked fine on WIndows 7 x64 and WIndows 8.1 x64 DO NOT work at all under Windows 10 10240. So they did not fix application compatibly. Laggy performance on some tasks, even just Windows Explorer, it will hang when loading drives (this is about a 3 month old system, upper gaming system, so not a slow machine at all) on Windows 7, this takes about a 1/2 a second to show.

So, far, if this is RTM, not impressed. I guess it will be ok after 275 windows updates...Like Vista was...sigh, Windows 7 looks better and better.

It might be time to Nuke it back to factory (or at least Prep a 7 install to take the official 10 update)

Kaloyan Krumov

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i have problems intslling since 10130. It downloads the Update , configures the upodate na dafter the restart of the PC it goes to a blue scr to choose a KBD layout and then two options shutdown ot trobleshoot. Afetr a shutdown and restart i go back to 10130 and an error message 0xc1900107. Can any one help?

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed Edge and Explorer issues. I was trying to play a video, it would start and if I tried to click anywhere it would blank the page and say it failed to load... I then tried to open in IE and it did the same thing. A reboot made it go away last night. Hopefully, it will go away from now on.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
i have problems intslling since 10130. It downloads the Update , configures the upodate na dafter the restart of the PC it goes to a blue scr to choose a KBD layout and then two options shutdown ot trobleshoot. Afetr a shutdown and restart i go back to 10130 and an error message 0xc1900107. Can any one help?

You may not be able to do anything because Microsoft shut down the Insiders Preview until RTM release. However, if updates continue to fail you'll have to do a clean install using ISO files.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
for those wishing to do a clean install of this build you are **** out of luck, this is an upgrade only release. you will loose your activated status doing a clean install.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Awful so far.
Edge is crap on this site
Graphical tearing like in 8.1
FPS dropped from 100-15​​​0 to 70-100 in CSGO
Overall feels a lot clumsier.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had edge crash immediately upon opening on my surface pro 3. I ran (admin) command prompt the following which fixed edge for me. sfc /scannow at a command prompt. Not sure if this will help but you could try. Good luck.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Does not feel finished. Testing on SP3, still see the same issues as on 10166.
-No multitasking animat​ions (windows+tab or swipe from left) while on tablet mode (which are there on desktop mode). Makes it feel really clunky and unfinished.
-Whi​le multitasking, windows don?t show properly sometimes their "screenshot". Just show the top bar and name.

Anyone has spotted thes​e, could they maybe be only on the surface pro 3?

Cheers

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Awful so far.
Edge is crap on this site
Graphical tearing like in 8.1
FPS dropped from 100-15​​​0 to 70-100 in CSGO
Overall feels a lot clumsier.

I find Edge freezes a lot. Pinned sites weren't giving live tiles, but all of a sudden they are.
There is no Graphical tearing, I would update your graphic card drivers. Nvidia has released official ones.
If you check Windows update a new Direct X 12 update comes through. My games seem to be running great at full settings. Tested Metro Last Light as well as Skyrim heavily modded. Honestly, it almost seems like it looks better. I know they said Direct X 12 will make existing games take advantage even if the developers didn't use the API. It's hard to compare without side by side though. Could be a placebo effect from knowing DX12 is installed.
Speed of the OS is great. The only problem seems to be Edge. Edge can't handle sites with a lot of ads. And well I forgot the internet had Ads because I used adblock for so long haha. God the internet sucks with Ads.

R41zan

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Is there any1 with this error:
There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
? TH1 Professional 10240 - Error 0xc1900204

Im trying to update from build 10162 and i keep receiving that message.... Help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb