TH1 Professional 10240

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine took 15 mins... issue now is everyone is getting home and wanting to download. Also MS states this was their deployment testing window so I bet its being closely monitored to see how it scales.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine was fairly quick; just downloaded around 10-15 minutes, about the same to finish installing.

The most noticeable change I see is the removal of the Evaluation Copy watermark on the lower right. Otherwise everything feels similar.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've actually noticed that Microsoft Edge feels a little more sluggish. It loads blazingly fast and renders everything, but then navigating around causes issues. I didn't have any issues in Build 10166. Anyone else noticing Edge stutters?

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You can either extract the ISO to a bootable flash drive and boot from the flash drive to Windows setup, or mount the ISO to a virtual drive (right click ISO > mount) and run the drive to perform an in-place install through Windows. I've always gone the route of installing from a flash drive, but for the last few builds I've actually installed by mounting to a drive. I've chosen to to do an upgrade while keeping files and settings, but you can also choose to do a clean install.

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
from the first preview, I've had it on a 8 years old Core 2 Duo Dell desktop machine with barely 3GB memory. Upgraded to TH1 & hooked to a Sony 40" TV. Does very well for a multimedia alternative ;)

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
To me, build 10240 is smooth and fast enough to be RTM. However, I've been experiencing this kinda weird thing with the Mail live tile. Now it is showing lines like "We speak Outlook" "We speak Gmail" "We speak Yahoo", etc. It's not necessarily a bug for me but still it's pretty bizarre. And the Weather and People live tile are working at all for me. People is not cycling through images of people rather than the first one on my list. Weather is not showing weather info at all for all tile sizes.

Batraman

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
My store refuses to open since 10159. It still isn't working in 10240. It shows "Server Stumbled" then and it crashes. Any fixes around?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've actually noticed that Microsoft Edge feels a little more sluggish. It loads blazingly fast and renders everything, but then navigating around causes issues. I didn't have any issues in Build 10166. Anyone else noticing Edge stutters?

I noticed this on sites with lots of ads. Actually I didn't even know wpcentral had a big ad in the forums because I used to use chrome with ad block. I'm sure there will be more app updates prior to launch. Oh and my computer is pretty fast and on ssd backed by gtx card. I'll run chrome with 25+ tabs with no issues. I tend to create a new tab for everything and then eventually am forced to go through them and closer what I don't want.

watchaa

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The sound (speakers) on my surface pro 3 is not working after the update to build 10240....
Everything worked perfectly before the update ...

Todd Robinson

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Curious. I popped in an old game, Sid Meier's Antietam and on windows 8.1 it didn't load because it was dos based. However on a whim I played it on windows 10 and viola it worked no problems. Is there a dos emulator built into Windows 10? Anyone else have old dos games running on Windows 10?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)