Windows 10 RTM 10240 ISO

Hi-Tek

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes I downloaded the X 86 ISO file and I tried but it won't install. I even created a bootable USB and still failed to install.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Many systems that run XP were made before booting to USB was supported by the BIOS in the way that this requires.

I would recommend you burning the ISO to a DVD. If you don't have a DVD burner, you will need to get access to one by finding someone that does. Burn it to DVD, and install it from the DVD.

Gunzta

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
If you pre-registered for Win 10 via systray icon, then your Windows key is logged on the Microsoft activation servers ready to activate your Win 10 install. I upgraded a legit non windows insider 8.1 install to Windows 10 build 10240 using ISO. To be clear an insider key never went anywhere near the PC. After upgrade, Windows activated fine. I then did a system reset and didn't keep any user data or apps (so effectively a clean install) Been running perfectly for over a week. And remains activated after clean install.

I just mounted the ISO, and click setup.exe. :) Please note, this will only work if you pre-registered for Win 10 using systray icon.

Gunzta

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
really don't know how your is activated on a clean install when the MS activation servers for Windows 10 are deactivated untl the 29th. There are valid install keys but no valid activation key for Windows 10 yet.

I disagree. I've sucessfully activated several Windows 10 installs now, none of the PC's have been anywhere near an Windows Insider key, ever.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It's only the "insider" activation that is deactivated. I would assume that Microsoft has the regular Windows 10 installs activated so that the OEMs can be getting copies pre-activated for sale to consumers on July 29th.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I burned an iSo from my install and had no issues upgrading approved upgradable systems. Activated right away and gave it to my boss to upgrade his laptop and home computer that was running 8.1. On the other side though I tried installing it fresh on a Windows 7 pc that had a bad hard drive. Came up requesting activation and has a fairly large watermark on the lower side stating that Windows was not activated. Did this as a test just to see what would happen. Currently have that system installed with Windows 7 with its key under the battery and awaiting updates from my wsus server.

When it comes to Windows update services in the domain I noticed that they have added Windows 10 to the download options but there are still no updates available that route.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I've sucessfully activated several Windows 10 installs now, none of the PC's have been anywhere near an Windows Insider key, ever.

well you are probably talking about something else, maybe kms activation, which works yes. I am talking about a clean insider install, which does not activate for anyone period. Yes there are ways around it to get activated but that's not what I'm talking about here.

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I've tried clean install and it activated automatically
Skip any serial and in the end enter your ms acc and it activated without any problem

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I would think clean install is possible if you upgraded to 240 first, it takes snapshot of hardware to windows account, which verifies later. Reserving a copy may do exact same also by registering the machine to 10. 240 is Fyn build for insiders to test system so may activate from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)