Cortana is really trying to make a point

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been having these roll in for the past couple of days on my L830 and L925. OK, I get the message. All I can think is that this is going to be the mutha of all heat waves. I wonder how I get these to stop, without just disabling Cortana.
Cortana Getting Hot.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When NOAA pushes an Alert, Cortana shows it to you. When any Weather service that is captured by Weather being in your interests pushes an Alert. Cortana shows it to you.

But, WOW, my Cortana is not pushing that Alert at me so often. You could try a Soft Reset.

I've moved this to Cortana discussion. Not really restricted to 830.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
That's weird. I mean, in AZ we get the heat warnings.. And now its a flood warning for my area. But even then its every 2-3 hours... That's ridiculous though. I'll poke around and see if maybe there's something to change. If the soft reset doesn't work for you.
Edit:
I guess i can't put pictures from the app but if you go into Cortana, scroll down to the weather and push the "..." Then go into the settings and there's a box to uncheck to stop receiving them.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to post the same thing. All last night and today Cortana has been sending these alerts. There is a weather setting that I might turn off for now.

​-Rich

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
She does that to me sometimes. When she does that, I ask her to stop nagging me. She sends me to Bing search results, and I sigh a few times, and then ignore her. She gets a bit on about these things at times, but I know she only does it because she loves me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss