Microsoft Edge - Youtube, Facebook and bing search don't work!

Jakub JS

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10240.
I noticed that I can't go on facebook or youtube using Microsoft Edge.
And the Bing search doesn't work if I try to search something using the address bar.. but if I go on the bing.com, it works.
Also all the embeded youtube videos doesn't work.

Other websites work perfectly.
I use the Google DNS and on other browsers I haven't this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
IMO, Edge is still a work in progress and not ready for prime time. At least on the desktop its not good. Ads kills the experience. But for you, drop google dns and see if it works any better.

Jakub JS

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
IMO, Edge is still a work in progress and not ready for prime time. At least on the desktop its not good. Ads kills the experience. But for you, drop google dns and see if it works any better.

I removed the google DNS but nothing change.
However, this bug is strange... all work great, except Youtube, Facebook and Bing Search..

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently experiencing issues in Windows Phone 8.1. The preview is available but when I tap play (either on MetroTube or Internet Explorer) I get an error. Metrotube says "Can't play the video" and Internet explorer says "Decode Error"

In general, the youtube experience for me is broken.

*EDIT*
/sighs
Noticed it says "Microsoft EDGE" ... should read the whole tithe of the thread before posting. Sorry about that.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Since installing build 10240, I have been having annoying issues with video & audio playback on my Asus tablet. Problems persist even with latest patches. Examples, Movies &TV app cannot play my downloaded videos... error 0x800705aa keep appearing. Feedback being sent and upvoted to MS. Third-party video player Media Player Classic playback videos in slow motion. Audio totally not working at all. Websites embedded videos like YouTube, Windows Central fail to playback. Hope and pray by 29th normal operation can resume !?!?

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Edge is garbage. I was trying to access this website with edge earlier and it was so bad, so slow, wasn't working properly at all, that I downloaded Firefox and it works perfectly. How Microsoft can take so long to get a browser working properly is beyond me. Hellish experience.

Last edited:

Jakub JS

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys.. I forgot this topic. XD

With the official release of Windows 10, I haven't anymore this problem on Edge. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett