Have a read, you won't be disappointed!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Frankly I work with one of Europe's largest electronic retailers, I cannot say for legal reasons but I have seen Windows 10 running on actual HP laptops that are due to be released to the consumers. Hololens will be coming soon for us to try too :). Let me be clear nearly everyone around my work place either owns an iPhone or Android device, mainly Android as many are tech geeks.

Once we had the Windows 10 presentation and a play around with devices a lot of people were asking when they could get Windows 10 and the Hololens also a lot were extremely interested in Windows Phone 10. The devices I have seen is a device nearly identical to Lumia 920 in terms of design, a Surface pro in metallic trim loaded with Windows 10 (completely different to the silver on the website). Some lucky fools had Windows 10 tested on an Xbox one. The tablet mode on Windows 10 is amazing!!! In all honesty everyone at my workplace are excited about Windows 10, some are wishing they now have an Xbox one (including me a ps4 fan :)) but Microsoft is going all out on this and I strongly suggest people keep calm and stop dooming and glooming.

If anyone has any questions of what I've seen let me know! I'll try my best to answer

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Tablet mode is basically just the Win 10 desktop in full screen with the desktop disabled. Hardly "amazing".
Sent from my S3

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'm glad to hear the positive response from your team. I hope people actually start making the jump from iPhone or Android to Windows Mobile. Many people are positive about the Windows Phone but never actually go for it when given the choice.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sweet ! To the limit of your knowledge, and what you can say, can you share with us more about the Lumia device ? ;p

Cyan anyone? Well it had speaker at the top and with headphone jack seemed stereo speaker the way it was designed. Similar buttons (zircon I think) the presenter was clever not to expose anything on the back of the phone as he always had his hand over the camera lens and always placed phone face up.

I'm on about the touchscreen laptop version of tablet mode. Seemed very simple and clever. I'll be honest I've not tried tech preview there is a new option of running multiple desktops at once you can have just over 1000 desktops at once, they do not use RAM unless applications are loaded within the desktops.

The surface was amazing! And looked beautiful it was metallic trim with what seemed two shades of metal with windows logo on the back.

Let me know if you need any more details guys and gals!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to mention Android apps can run on Windows 10. Although the developer of the app needs to publish it on Microsoft store. However since the Windows 10 code is now available to everyone, it will be possible to move apps from android to Windows devices... So say for example snap chat refuse to move over to Windows if someone wishes to they can diy the app onto Windows 10. Now these are words by the tech guys who had a more presentation than me. Hope you understand what I mean.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Cyan anyone? Well it had speaker at the top and with headphone jack seemed stereo speaker the way it was designed. Similar buttons (zircon I think) the presenter was clever not to expose anything on the back of the phone as he always had his hand over the camera lens and always placed phone face up.

Damn. Now thats sweet. Anything about the screen size ? Is it bigger than the 920 ? Or same size ?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
CLICK BAIT

I wouldn't have been disappointed, if not for this title. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I basically got "there's some Windows 10 stuff at my store." Implied that there was something great in this thread, and it was very ho-hum.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
CLICK BAIT

I wouldn't have been disappointed, if not for this title. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I basically got "there's some Windows 10 stuff at my store." Implied that there was something great in this thread, and it was very ho-hum.

You could always ask somethin you wanna know about 10

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Great; as long as it is not overpriced like the 830 was. You can buy four 640's for the price of a 830. Yes the 830 is a better phone; but four times better. Not even.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You could always ask somethin you wanna know about 10

There's really nothing I want to know from the software side. If anything, I want to see hardware. Like, did they tell you color options for the devices? Did you snag any images of them? Is it the 5.2" or 5.7" iteration that you saw? Is that alleged microSD slot present?

Software stuff, I can see all of that in the Insider program, and I did (for about an hour, before finding out IM+ wouldn't install, making using Windows 10 totally pointless).

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm of the opinion that any phone may have been a placeholder. What assurance is there that the item shown was an actual example of something that will be sold? I want size, bezel features etc.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Great; as long as it is not overpriced like the 830 was. You can buy four 640's for the price of a 830. Yes the 830 is a better phone; but four times better. Not even.

Street price is cheaper, but even at $200 I'd rather get the 640. 830 has some perks though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05