Should I Install 64 bit windows 10 with just 3gb of RAM ?

Lumia7Fan

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
my pc has a 64 bit processor and has only 3gb of RAM . should I install 64 bit windows or 32 bit windows . is the RAM sufficient for 64 bit windows ?

Emeral

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys im also using 3gig laptop that is 64bit and I was trying to update the Windows 7 to Windows 10 but it showed me an error message ..something about beingi ncompatible or so..please I need help guys..this is the only laptop I could afford and I don't know what to do.plus the laptop doesn't really have apps? ..how do i install apps?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys im also using 3gig laptop that is 64bit and I was trying to update the Windows 7 to Windows 10 but it showed me an error message ..something about beingi ncompatible or so..please I need help guys..this is the only laptop I could afford and I don't know what to do.plus the laptop doesn't really have apps? ..how do i install apps?

Can you elaborate on this incompatibility, what does it say specifically? Hardware that runs Windows 7 should run Windows 10 but I'm sure there are odd exceptions that appear every once in a while.

We can go from there. Worst case scenario, if it's truly incompatible, there are some competent used ultra-low budget options that can be made to work but I rather not cross that bridge unless we have to.

As for apps/applications/programs - you can install them from the web, etc. (just be careful) Windows 8 and 10 have a centralized app store, but 7 doesn't.

Emeral

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Oh my God..thank you so much for replying ...when I bought the laptop(fairly used)it already had this Windows 10 update assistant. .when I click on it..it loads..then shows MEMORY:OK , DISK SIZE:OK, CPU:THE CPU ISN'T SUPPORTED (NX)....that's the error message and I don't really know what to do about it cus I'm not very tech savvy...plus the laptop doesn't have any apps..word..excel .vlc. .nothing...anyway thank you so very for replying..I'm really grateful

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh my God..thank you so much for replying ...when I bought the laptop(fairly used)it already had this Windows 10 update assistant. .when I click on it..it loads..then shows MEMORY:OK , DISK SIZE:OK, CPU:THE CPU ISN'T SUPPORTED (NX)....that's the error message and I don't really know what to do about it cus I'm not very tech savvy...plus the laptop doesn't have any apps..word..excel .vlc. .nothing...anyway thank you so very for replying..I'm really grateful

Oh dear, that's not going to be an easy workaround. Basically that error means the CPU can't handle some of the instructions. You can verify for yourself by using a Microsoft tool named Coreinfo, explained here. How To Check If Your Processor (CPU) Supports Windows 8

But if the processor truly doesn't support NX, you're out of luck. Sounds like you got yourself a pretty old laptop. (Maybe you can provide the model number/designation?) If you really want Windows 10, it looks like we won't be able to work around the hardware that you have.

Emeral

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Oh dear, that's not going to be an easy workaround. Basically that error means the CPU can't handle some of the instructions. You can verify for yourself by using a Microsoft tool named Coreinfo, explained here. How To Check If Your Processor (CPU) Supports Windows 8

But if the processor truly doesn't support NX, you're out of luck. Sounds like you got yourself a pretty old laptop. (Maybe you can provide the model number/designation?) If you really want Windows 10, it looks like we won't be able to work around the hardware that you have.

I'm so sorry for the late reply. .lost my phone...can I get it up to Windows 8?..and if I can..How do i go about it...and will it be free?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
why not just stick windows 7? sounds like its a really old laptop... I installed win 10 on my GF's old Compaq and it had no problems.... I can imagine how old your laptop must be if its saying the cpu cant handle win 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon