I am am insider without TP, will I get it?

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I signed up for windows insiders program (and receive emails from Gabe Aul from time to time). But after signing up, i dropped my plans to upgrade to the technical preview. I decided to wait, and now when release date is so near..i am loosing my patience! Am I going to get windows 10 on 29th, as insiders are supposed to get..? (A month back MS announced that consumers will get it a bit later..)

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You'll probably get it a little later, along with the other consumers who have reserved their upgrade but who are not running a preview build.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Technically we already have it. TH1 10240 is release and the same version that was offloaded to partners to install on OEM machines. If you never installed a build then you won't see it before anyone else though I would make sure you have the get Windows 10 app working and reserved. The purpose of the gwx app which you will find in your system32 folder is to predownload the bits before launch and reduce the stress on the download servers. Only difference between what we as insiders have installed now and what consumers will get Wednesday is the patch pack. We are receiving updates almost daily through Windows update consumers will be installing these as well but most should be installed as part of the Windows 10 installation.
Forgot to add that you should start seeing the bits probably sometime Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers