Insider has ended, but can I still install my ISO?

Gamezone

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that Microsoft have closed the Insider from being downloaded. What happens if I install my downloaded build on a new PC?

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you do a clean install but I install 10240 over my win8.1 and it stay activated (system properties)
using winver command it also say that windows licensed to my msid

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
10240 is release and will install like any other new installation on a new machine. If it comes pre installed with an os then you can install 10240 and activate. If this was an OEM Windows 8.1 machine then the installation will grab the key from the bios and activate. If this was an OEM 8.0 machine when it was new then you will have to upgrade to 8.1 first and then install 10. Any other possibilities will have you install a genuine version of Windows 7 or 8.1 first and then upgrade or purchase a Windows 10 license. Once you activate Windows 10 the license is linked to your computers hardware ID and your Windows account so you can wipe and reformat the drive if you so desire. Also once the key has been activated it can not be transferred to any other machine.

Last edited:

megaton

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Clean install is suicidal for insider users.
But Reset PC still possible I've done that once on 10240 Enterprise Preview.
The key still remains activated. But you'll be force opt-out
So you need to click [Get started insider] button opt-in & Restart the PC.

For users that upgrade from 7,8,8.1 stay reserved till 29 don't reckless jump to insider 10240 build. Otherwise you'll lose chance to reserve upgrade.

brandonpry55

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Michael this isn't true at all, the insider keys still function and will activate a 30 day trial on the newest ISO. If you're machine was activated before you install the newest build then you're build will be activated and if you're computer came with Windows 8.1 then it will pull the keys from bios.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I got hold of the 10240 iso today and upgraded from 8.1.I was expecting to run into difficulty but it activated no problem and installed updates ok. I was on an earlier insider build a while back.Perhaps that helped with the activation

michael nabil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Michael this isn't true at all, the insider keys still function and will activate a 30 day trial on the newest ISO. If you're machine was activated before you install the newest build then you're build will be activated and if you're computer came with Windows 8.1 then it will pull the keys from bios.

I was talking about clean installing with the keys for insider preview on ms website

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)