Windows 10 Desktop (not for phones) Store update pending. How can I open the store?

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Desktop (not for phones) Store update pending

Hi, I have a problem with a Windows 10 store on my desktop PC. This is not a phone.

I have the latest build 10240 with all of the updates installed. The last few updates installed over last night and then my Store app stopped working.

I searched reddit and found some guys have a similar problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3ej38n/store_update_stuck_on_00mb/

The thing was that when I tried to open the Store app this morning I've got a message: Before you can shop, we need to update the Store

I then pressed Update button and then It tries to update the Store app.

But then it just says Pending and it doesn't do anything for the whole day now.

I think there must be some other applications waiting for an update and they all got stuck.

Does any have any idea how to open the store?

Robinator

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Desktop (not for phones) Store update pending

Exactly the same problem here in New Zealand on 2 machines. 10240 is installed on both PCs and they simply refuse to download any data from the store that will perform the store update. One PC is sitting on the "pending" which the other gets a little further to "0.0 MB of 40.1 MB...". It is only a few days until official launch so these basic bugs really ought to have been sorted by now :-(

Chrisatpoly

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I was having the same problem. Got it resolved this morning. Not sure this is exactly what fixed it... I went into Windows Settings and changed the region to Luxemburg. Restarted the computer, then opened the Store. The download worked and installed fine. I then changed the settings back, restarted again, and all is right with the world.

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Thank you guys. It looks like this was a problem on a Microsoft side. It just started working this evening without any intervention from my side.

Tyler Cumberford

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I found this somewhere on the interwebs and it fixed it for me. Not sure if it will help you.

Hello,

As you may be aware, the current build of Technical Preview contains two Windows Store apps ? the old Windows 8.1 Store (simply called ?Store?), and the new Windows 10 Store, called ?Store (Beta)?.

Throughout the forums, you can find troubleshooting methods for repairing the Store app ? for example, this Wiki article provides an excellent compilation of these methods. Unfortunately, these techniques will generally only repair the older version of the Store in Technical Preview.

If you are having problems launching the new ?Store (Beta)?, we recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store:

1.In the Search box, type CMD

2.Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

3.In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss