Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

For clarity, look at the url and the website i'm trying to access

edge.png
    07-27-2015 07:45 AM
    What happens when you click "Keep going in Microsoft edge"?
    07-27-2015 08:47 AM
    What happens when you use the Skype app?
    07-27-2015 08:56 AM
    If you click, keep using edge, it seems to work fine. It's just that it shows how there seems to exist a big lack of communication between groups at MS. Come Wednesday, this is what a new Windows 10 user will see, when he tries to use the Edge browser.
    07-27-2015 09:20 AM
    Well, the Skype app is even worse on a surface pro 3, in tablet mode and HDPI screen. I refuse to use it, app does not scale on HDPI screen, and as such looks dreadful, and with the old style notifications (the slide-in boxes from the lower right on the screen), in tablet mode it's just disastrous. Plus, as the app minimizes when you close it, in tablet mode it just does not close (if you try to slide down or app-switch and close it). So, good luck using it on a tablet. And again, this is what a new user will experience this Wednesday. At least until MS releases the new chat app, whenever that might be.
    Last edited by muitosabao; 07-27-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    07-27-2015 09:27 AM
    Skype has always had that out of place disconnect. But we have seen rumors of better things to come.
    07-27-2015 09:47 AM
    Sure. But all those promises should be there this Wednesday. If you follow Tom Warren from the verge, on Twitter, he keeps posting bugs and glitches and how W10 is incomplete. I fear he is right, and I'm sure Verge's review is going to be nasty.
    07-27-2015 10:17 AM
    Skype is still Skype. It's a different entity to the Windows product team. The Windows team aren't going to wait for every other product to catch up.

There's bound to be hurdles to cross, there's bound to be some brick walls for some people. It's all part of progress.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-27-2015 10:20 AM
    What happens when you use the Skype app?
    I think that is very funny, spent the last couple of weeks on the skype community pages and you have to say some people are a little bit put out........
    07-27-2015 11:26 AM
    The Skype "app" for Windows 10 now redirected me to install "Skype for desktop" the last time I tried to use the app.

For what it's worth, users who plan on using Skype with their new Windows 10 installation will be prompted to go through the setup and install Skype the first time they go to use it, no matter which method or browser they try to use. Those intent on using it will figure it out.
    07-28-2015 07:39 AM
    The Skype "app" for Windows 10 now redirected me to install "Skype for desktop" the last time I tried to use the app.

And that's why it was so painfully funny, the desktop version of Skype is wonderful on the desktop, but on a tablet for example a Surface Pro 3 it's crap and for something like an HP Stream it just don't work.

We have been directing tablet users to install the translation version of Skype which is pretty much identical to the discontinued modern version.

I am looking forward to Skype on 10, already have it on my Stream, and I am looking forward to the new apps that make it work, it's just such a shame MS have managed to **** off so many people by taking the modern app down a few months before the new apps are ready and not giving any reasonable explanation that doesn't **** them off even more, calling it an upgrade is an insult and indicative of someone who either hasn't ever used a tablet or is being lent on from above....

Still thought it was funny though.
    07-28-2015 07:53 AM

And that's why it was so painfully funny, the desktop version of Skype is wonderful on the desktop, but on a tablet for example a Surface Pro 3 it's crap and for something like an HP Stream it just don't work.

We have been directing tablet users to install the translation version of Skype which is pretty much identical to the discontinued modern version.

I am looking forward to Skype on 10, already have it on my Stream, and I am looking forward to the new apps that make it work, it's just such a shame MS have managed to **** off so many people by taking the modern app down a few months before the new apps are ready and not giving any reasonable explanation that doesn't **** them off even more, calling it an upgrade is an insult and indicative of someone who either hasn't ever used a tablet or is being lent on from above....

Still thought it was funny though.
    07-28-2015 07:53 AM
    Try installing "Skype Translator Preview" from the Store. It has all features of Modern Skype app (which no longer works) plus that translation thing. Far better than desktop Skype app on a tablet like my Surface. :)
    07-28-2015 12:04 PM
    Try installing "Skype Translator Preview" from the Store. It has all features of Modern Skype app (which no longer works) plus that translation thing. Far better than desktop Skype app on a tablet like my Surface. :)

That's an excellent tip! That will have to do until the new messenger app arrives.
    Cheers​​
    07-28-2015 01:17 PM
    Dude, YOU ROCK!!! I'm kicking myself for not thinking about this.
    07-28-2015 01:25 PM
    Someone give this guy a cookie!
    07-28-2015 10:23 PM
    Sure. But all those promises should be there this Wednesday. If you follow Tom Warren from the verge, on Twitter, he keeps posting bugs and glitches and how W10 is incomplete. I fear he is right, and I'm sure Verge's review is going to be nasty.
    Just read his review. He likes it. Even said he doesn't use his MacBook much anymore.
    07-28-2015 11:42 PM