Windows 10 Started Downloading for Reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the UK using Windows 8.1 update 1 and the folder is 3.37 Gb on my main machine. On my UMPC (yes I do still have one that is still working) it is showing that my update is reserved and I have no issues to do the upgrade but I don't have the folder yet. :smile:

Regards

Infinidim :cool:

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Noticed the download start to the prefetch folder yesterday around 3. I believe it is downloading to at least 3 locations and builds the files in to the update folder.

Kshitij Alwadhi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
No downloads for me.
Have the icon in task bar, but after opening the 'Check your PC thing' it just shows that 'The report isnt available right now'
Help! :unhappysweat:

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
No downloads for me.
Have the icon in task bar, but after opening the 'Check your PC thing' it just shows that 'The report isnt available right now'
Help! :unhappysweat:
Wait for some time once it checks that all files and programs are compatible you'll get your report and once it says go then your download will start!

shreyas24

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Can anybody tell me what actually happens? I am looking at this hidden folder, it shows 140mb but I have no heavy data traffic or movement in the size of the folder!!!!!!

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Downloading.... It seems to be getting bigger every time I check it, I've gained 1GB in about 30min.

Also, the GWX 'Check your PC' feature has been updated - it's a bit more comprehensive than recently, finally showing the compatibility of apps and devices again.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes how would I know that update is still downloading the files? Is there any process in task manager that I can give high priority to? And update size?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Downloading.... It seems to be getting bigger every time I check it, I've gained 1GB in about 30min.

Also, the GWX 'Check your PC' feature has been updated - it's a bit more comprehensive than recently, finally showing the compatibility of apps and devices again.

Really? I haven't got anything here. But GWX did updated like yours compares to this morning (it's night at my place)

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I ran disk cleanup to clear some disk space and now the $Windows.~BT folder is gone!! I tried running Windows Update again and it won't restart the download. Is there a way to force the update again?

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,
My SP3 I receive update file and when I checked windows update I see that Windows 10 pro upgrade failed. I don't understand why it is failed and why it tries to install. Here is the screen capture. Anyone have an ideaUntitled picture.png

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately my Surface Pro 3 hasn't started the download yet. That folder is not created yet, no internet activity when idle, ... :(

I was running 10 Tech preview a while ago but now I'm on 8.1.

sashoiliev

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
"2015-07-28 18:43:51:502 1040 18c4 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to 2015-07-29 00:00:00"

That's from the WindowsUpdate.txt file, which is located on disc C:/ in the Windows folder. I think part of the update has been downloaded couple days ago, and now it is just transferring to the main folder.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Better dont do it. It might damage some of the files. There is not much time left, so why dont to wait some extra hours

I tried opening every .exe there is, and then it self-destructed. I was left with a 10 MB folder (it was 6 GBs before that).
Now I have no idea how to restart the download.
Do. Not. Open. It.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Given that the upgrade is already starting in areas where the local date is 7/29, can you just change the time zone to say Sydney to get things started?

Edit: looks like this doesn't work, from the comments in this article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos