The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Dang it! I'm an Insider and I've had my main laptop on dual boot with the Tech Preview for months, but no dice on the notification to upgrade. I don't imagine it would only come through the Tech Preview. Any help/news from people in the same boat?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Dang it! I'm an Insider and I've had my main laptop on dual boot with the Tech Preview for months, but no dice on the notification to upgrade. I don't imagine it would only come through the Tech Preview. Any help/news from people in the same boat?

I have the dual boot and I'm getting the upgrade on my main W8.1. Just that it didn't give me a notification to upgrade yet. I'm downloading ISO in the meantime.

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You know what? I just realized that my laptop has a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro. Does anyone know if that affects it? I can't remember when they said Windows 10 Pro was going to be released, but I don't really care if I get Windows 10 Pro or not.

Mac211

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Well that was quite a smooth install, did have a little issue when I popped out for something and came back to a black screen. I was like wtf but it had just restarted my laptop. Lol

Just downloading Windows 10 with the media tool and hopefully that will go through well as well.

MatchAttax08

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Just woke up in the morning and was greeted with this :grin: A great way to start the day #UpgradeYourWorld Before beginning the upgrade, I uninstalled Chrome and wrote Windows 10 and Project Spartan! in the reason why I'm uninstalling!screenshot 4.jpg

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was one of those getting update failed its b/c we have to wait for the windows reserve thing to change to its now here when you open it, it then finishes doing a few things when you click install and it updates fine

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So WTF, had two PCs this morning fail the compatibility test yet last night they were both "good-to-go", now telling me "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10" then offers a link to new PCs, a ploy by MS or just a glitch, either way GRRRRR!

sashoiliev

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I started factory reset after i upgrade to windows 10. It is going so slow - less than 10% per hour. Is this normal? My hard drive wasnt that full of things.

joeragan

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Still no GWX icon in my PC till today, so I went ahead and download the tool from Windows Insider Program. Downloading the ISO image as of now.

I am not sure from where I should get the license key. I have HP laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro pre-installed and there is no license sticker anywhere in the bottom side. I hope it was recorded somewhere inside the BIOS...

Techngro

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Tried to do a clean install with the USB stick I created with the MS Tool, but it won't accept my product key. I purchased Windows 8.1 last year. I have to wait until MS tech support office opens in an hour to figure out what the problem is.

Edit: Never mind, I see I have to reinstall Windows 8.1 and then upgrade and then do a clean install. Thanks Microsoft. /s

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have updated but getting this: Error code: 0xC004F034 and windows won't activate online cause it says I'm not connected to the Internet, like wth

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Still no GWX icon in my PC till today, so I went ahead and download the tool from Windows Insider Program. Downloading the ISO image as of now.

I am not sure from where I should get the license key. I have HP laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro pre-installed and there is no license sticker anywhere in the bottom side. I hope it was recorded somewhere inside the BIOS...

I think you can find it in the PC info page (properties from my computer or going through the charms bar in desktop mode)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel