The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

Llordy

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
To find your product key for your current install before upgrade, search and download the application, "Product Key Viewer.exe" Run and it should prompt you of the product key for your system.

Last edited:

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Still no GWX icon in my PC till today, so I went ahead and download the tool from Windows Insider Program. Downloading the ISO image as of now.

I am not sure from where I should get the license key. I have HP laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro pre-installed and there is no license sticker anywhere in the bottom side. I hope it was recorded somewhere inside the BIOS...

Check and Update your PC through windows update, restart.. this might work, and you'll get "Get Windows 10" app running in task bar.

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Downlading my Windows 10 Pro from MSDN.microsoft.com. Got the activation key from MSDN too.

I only have problems with my USB at the moment, and I am loosing it..

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me out here? I read Daniels post on preparing the upgrade to windows 10. I have a surface pro which has windows 8.1. preinstalled. I upgraded to windows 10 insiders preview and have uprgraded via the fast lane. Now what I can not decipher is if I need to downgrade to windows 8.1 and then reupgrade to official windows 10, or that I can upgrade automatically as I did an upgrade from windows 8.1, not a clean install. I've been looking for clues on my windows 10 copy in the system info but I don't exactly know what I'm looking for if I'm already automatically upgraded or not. Does anyone know the answer to this?

voludar

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
My 'BT' folder has reached 7.5 GB, I have installed all the latest 8.1 updates and I got this notification which was a little different than the preivous one. 11794222_10206261575812656_6073836641004942614_o.jpg Hopefully I will be able to install soon!

wxa

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I've just installed it but I can't sign in with my Microsoft account: "Something went wrong. Try again, or select Cancel to set up your device later".
When I try to connect with my Live account in the people app I get the following error: 0x800704cf

Internet is ok and I made the upgrade from Win7. Has anyone the same problem?

ja2260

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Upgrade install is at 71% on my Surface Pro 3.

I prepared it for the upgrade from 8.1 last night (unjoined from Domain, installed all Windows and firmware updates), the GWX tool confirmed that my upgrade was reserved.

This morning, checked for Windows updates and got the Upgrade to 10 prompt. Download was 2.6GB.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Media Creation tool to download ISO's because I have some domain joined PC's to upgrade along with quite a few stand alone systems. So far it's not going well. It gets to the end of the download/verify process and then I get an ever so helpful message "Sorry, Something Happened" That's it, nothing else. I wonder if a Vulcan mind meld will give some insight to what that 'something' is.

jjaaskel

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Tried to do a clean install with the USB stick I created with the MS Tool, but it won't accept my product key. I purchased Windows 8.1 last year. I have to wait until MS tech support office opens in an hour to figure out what the problem is.

Edit: Never mind, I see I have to reinstall Windows 8.1 and then upgrade and then do a clean install. Thanks Microsoft. /s

I have this issue as well. Is it really so that there is no other way but upgrade and then do clean install??

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have updated but getting this: Error code: 0xC004F034 and windows won't activate online cause it says I'm not connected to the Internet, like wth

Had this on two installed (2PCs), my network adaptors in device manager weren't recognizes so no internet connection, ended up manually updating drivers to sort out then all was good.

klose91

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The Upgrade is now over, after the normal way didn't worked out, since I got everytime the "failed" thing. In one of the News was this Media Creation Tool or whatever and that worked so far, and I did an Upgrade, not a clean install. But now I have problems with activating Windows, the thing says I have to connect to the internet in order to activate Windows, but I'm connected to the Internet~ I hope, that this is just an error on MS-Server side, that will be resolved~

santhoshsirish

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Getting this error in windows update log.
But the background activity checks for the update every 10min.
every time getting this error code.
WARNING: Failed to get Wu Exemption info from NLM, assuming not exempt, error = 0x80070490
2015-07-29 09:48:44:777 1040 a70 AU WARNING: Failed to change download properties of call, error = 0x80070057
2015-07-29 09:48:44:777 1040 a70 AU WARNING: Failed to change download properties of call, error = 0x80070057
2015-07-29 09:48:44:777 1040 a70 AU Adding timer:

Windows BT folder is 140mb & a folder in software distribution has 2.63gb.
Dont know the update is being downloaded or not

i have a similar problem.... did u find any solution for this

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Had this on two installed (2PCs), my network adaptors in device manager weren't recognizes so no internet connection, ended up manually updating drivers to sort out then all was good.

Weird, cause mine are all ok and i can surf the web, download play games online but yet activating won't do...

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The Upgrade is now over, after the normal way didn't worked out, since I got everytime the "failed" thing. In one of the News was this Media Creation Tool or whatever and that worked so far, and I did an Upgrade, not a clean install. But now I have problems with activating Windows, the thing says I have to connect to the internet in order to activate Windows, but I'm connected to the Internet~ I hope, that this is just an error on MS-Server side, that will be resolved~
I have the same problem, mine won't activate due to that it says i have to connect to the internet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte