The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

anon(5330416)

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My update on my tablet hasn't started yet but I did a restart a little bit ago and my GWX reservation icon on the task bar was gone when I logged back in. It still shows up as an application in system search but in task manager the process is no longer running. Windows Update is still telling me that my upgrade is reserved and they'll notify me. Anyone else notice this during their pre-upgrade excursions?

Last edited:

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I downloaded the ISO through media creation tool, and then made a bootable USB using the Microsoft DVD/USB Tool. Installing now, but it is going super slow, been stuck at 11-15% since around two hours. I guess it must be downloading the patch, which I assume is around 350MB for x64.

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Noticed this last night on my Precision workstation that is using an Nvidia Quadro FX1800 (not sure why it shows another model). Does anyone know what to do with video cards that aren't supported? Will Windows 10 install even without the video card not working? I've seen some sites saying to load Windows 8 or 7 driver after install. Any help would be great! Thanks. precision issue.PNG

Ashish Negi1

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey plz help me , I installed windows 10 home from iso image and now when I am using windows 7 premium genuine key ,its showing this error 0xC004F050 .saying invalid key . plz help me

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
My 'BT' folder has reached 7.5 GB, I have installed all the latest 8.1 updates and I got this notification which was a little different than the preivous one. View attachment 109507 Hopefully I will be able to install soon!

Me too. But I could not wait. Finally I downloaded MediaCreationToolx64.exe and choose "Upgrade this PC now". Spent about one hour on installing. Very smooth installation. No product key is required. Yeah.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey plz help me , I installed windows 10 home from iso image and now when I am using windows 7 premium genuine key ,its showing this error 0xC004F050 .saying invalid key . plz help me

Microsoft made it painfully clear that you HAD to use the upgrade feature from Windows 7/8 first BEFORE you can do a clean install on the same device. You can't use a Windows 7/8 key to activate Windows 10..

patstar5

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well... I had the little windows icon last night on the taskbar and now I don't have it. I refreshed windows update and nothing... This is on an asus t200.
I never even got the little windows icon on my macbook pro and I'm trying to update my aunt's acer switch tablet and the little icon never popped up on there too.....

anon(5330416)

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My update on my tablet hasn't started yet but I did a restart a little bit ago and my GWX reservation icon on the task bar was gone when I logged back in. It still shows up as an application in system search but in task manager the process is no longer running. Windows Update is still telling me that my upgrade is reserved and they'll notify me. Anyone else notice this during their pre-upgrade excursions?

Never mind. I followed the instructions for the manual install that are in the article on the main page's header. My HP Stream 7 tablet is now downloading the upgrade.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Starting to get really fed up with this. First I get the message "We're validating your PC" which according to Paul Thurrott means something is incompatiable at the moment. So I thought I would download the ISO but the media creator will not open and tells me to restart me PC which I do and get same error.

rouel26

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Same experience with me. I just waited at around 2AM Pacific Time (5PM local time). Clicked the W10 app and it upgraded the system for me.

jkhill74

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Success on a Dell XPS tower. I was able to run the install remotely using my laptop at work, connecting and installing on my home computer. Let the fun begin.

rouel26

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Have "$Windows.~BT" folder in C:\ but no pop-up window for proceeding to upgrade.

I assume all necessary files have been downloaded already. I wonder why we still need to wait.

local time 2:03am, 29 July, Hong Kong

I opened GWX and it updated the system automatically. I did it around 2AM Pacific Time (5PM local time)

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I just got done updating. Took about an hour total and I haven't experienced any problem. Loving the new operating system so far.
Nice work, Microsoft!

Rowland Jonathan1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I haven't installed windows 10 yet but planning doing so.I haven't got the upgrade message.So I downloaded the media creation toolx64 and created a iso file.After creating the iso file. The "Upgrade this pc now" is not working in the media creation toolx64.It always displays the error message has"something happened"
EDIT:Opened the mounted file clicked on setup.exe and boom windows 10 installed without a hitch.I didn't do a clean install as many of them have reported problems with product key activation.

Last edited:

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
The W10 installation went off without a hitch. Funny thing. I was setting up Cortana on the pc, and when I said, "Hey Cortana", my phone which was on the charger next to me said, "Greetings". Thought it was pretty funny. Obviously I was within range for the phone to identify me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss