The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Good. I went with ISO so that I don't have to download it for two other computers at my home. The internet is slow here.

Welps... it finished creating media... then nothing... the download screen just disappeared. I tried restarting and no upgrade. Ill try the ISO.​

EDIT: Welps looks like my $Windows.~BT​ folder got recreated in the process and is now empty from previously being 4.7GB. At the same time though I have a new folder called $Windows.~WS, but also empty. Looks like I may have fuged myself and started over.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I stayed up until midnight, but I got it installed on my Surface Pro 3. I've been keeping it safe and preview free for months. It took 20 minutes to install, but I'm overall happy with it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm just waiting for my PC to let me install. I've pre-loaded everything but I only have the option to get a notification when the update is ready. Frustrating, tbh.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
When I opened insiderdotwindowsdotcom and clicked on Get Windows 10, it took me to a page where there's a tool that upgrades or downloads windows 10 iso. Not sure this is only for insiders or everyone
I'm currently using build 10240

Update: It downloaded 3.10 GB iso (x64)
Did it ask for aany product key after u finished installing it?

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
For those getting the errors while installing, did the same errors come up when the "Get Windows 10" app first scanned your system? If no, then that is concerning. The whole point of that app, as I imagined, was to point out any potential issues in your system so that the installation process goes smoothly.

I think it is best to download the .iso, regardless of whether or not the internet connection is good because of the errors people are getting here.

MelCali82

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Damnit.

Was stuck at 24% for a while and then get some blue screen with error code 0xc000000f

Saying something how it can't find a certain device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Did it ask for aany product key after u finished installing it?
I just downloaded the media and it is creating the jump drive now... But if you have a PC with the product key in BIOS, like a Surface device, you can do this - I just did it to get mine.
Download RW-EVERYTHING.
Run it.
Click on the ACPI Table button at the top.
After that click on the MSDM tab.
Your BIOS's product key is at the bottom.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Same here. That's why I started downloading ISO.

Did your iso download go okay? Mine started to download into my flash drive, and it said that it finished (100%) then checked the download, then... NOTHING. Nothing happened and there was no ISO in flash drive. But I did notice ​my $Windows.~WS folder is now up to 5.9GB now. Weird.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded the media and it is creating the jump drive now... But if you have a PC with the product key in BIOS, like a Surface device, you can do this - I just did it to get mine.

Thanks but I am downloading it for my pc. I just hope that I don't have to get stuck cuz of the product key

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Am I supposed to be getting a popup or something?I'm getting a little bummed. I was planning on doing a clean install and bout a 1tb ssd to replace the old 750gb hd.

sashoiliev

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Now, when we upgrade the windows once, how can we create clean install, without losing the activation of it. Should we use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB or there is other way?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Did your iso download go okay? Mine started to download into my flash drive, and it said that it finished (100%) then checked the download, then... NOTHING. Nothing happened and there was no ISO in flash drive. But I did notice ​my $Windows.~WS folder is now up to 5.9GB now. Weird.

Well it's at 23% yet. I have a very slow internet :-/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans