The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
my downloading is stuck at 75% for past 2 hours..
my net has been disconnected at that time. it automatically reconnected. but since then its at 75%.
But downloading is going on.
is it downloading from first again.
have a very bad connection of 512kbps. Dead slow.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
i have a similar problem.... did u find any solution for this

Yes, Deleted everything from software distributuion folder. shut down the system.
Started again. WU automatically started it to download again from start. Now everything is fine.

Update: upto 75% downloading it was smooth. now for past two hours its stuck there. but downloading is there in the background.

JITKR

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Disabling Paging in windows 10 makes system not boot 1st time.

I disabled paging completely and shut down properly, after that system boots till Windows logo then goes off, starting again boots fine. Same thing happens on every 1st start.

After enabling system boots fine :p .

P.S : I did fresh install/ No upgrade.

Nasrul Nizam Ismail

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
For those who already finished installation how long does it take to install it,because I'm stuck at installing for the past four hours..is it normal for it to be that long or is it just me?

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and then did a clean install.Everything worked well. Love Windows 10.

Interesting. I downloaded the ISO tool but decided not to use a USB and just updated the comp from 8.1. Took about an hour and after a few little updates post update, it solved any weird glitches. Works really well. But.. I noticed there is a 30day roll back option despite choosing to 'keep nothing' and clean install. Is this just a safety net? I didn't find it announced anywhere prior to the update... But how clean is my install really? For example, my hard drive is almost full and apparently will be until I delete the 'back up' (which I have the option to do) or I can wait 4weeks and it does it automatically. Hmm..

Conor Murphy1

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Well, I tried installing it and whenever it gets to 75 percent, it just goes to a black screen.
Can someone explain what happened? Is it an error or is it just loading?

voludar

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I used 'MediaCreationToolx64.exe' to trigger the update, after the instalation I ran into the invalid key error - which is just a problem with their server, there was a video on youtube suggesting to try clicking the activate button like 20 times, and it actually worked! I have Windows 10, activated and running!

11754728_10206266436294165_7505812282468524620_o.jpg

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Did an upgrade last night (9pm Central Europe ~ 3pm EST) on a HP Elitepad 900, W81pro 32bit. Worked like a charm, no issues at all, took about 2 hours to download and install. Really good look and feel in the new W10, performance seems to be equal if not better than 8.1 before. No issues with licensing, not a single question on this to answer.

Llordy

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Should I be concerned that the set up screen and associated dialogue is kinda stretched out..? like the resolution needs sorted..? its slightly fuzzy too. The laptop is a 2009 Acer Aspire 5738. W8.1 was pretty sharp on it though not 'HD' by modern standards...

Nah, Just adjust the resolution in the display setting. Most likely 768x1333 or it could be 1440x900. Try out a few different settings until the display looks like "normal".

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Still no upgrade for me. Philippines here. Local time: 3:32 PM =(

If your PC is qualified, you should be able to force the update to proceed. Launch Command Prompt and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Right after you press "Enter", the Windows Updates should start the process of upgrading your system.

I got mine yesterday afternoon, and we're both in the Philippines.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I finally got the ISO files to download. I have two screens and if I have the download tool on my second screen, it fails. If I move the window to the laptop screen, it downloads file. Why is it only me that has the strange problems???? And even weirder fixes? Oh well.

I tried upgrading my laptop. The install took forever and when it was finally done it would boot and run for about three minutes and Explorer.exe would crash. I was left with a blank screen. Using task manager and msconfig I could get to utilities and that's how I found that explorer was crashing. I ended up having to roll back to Windows 7. I am guessing that this is because this is a domain joined PC that's been running for years. Being in IT it also has a lot of junk installed. I am going to back up my info, remove from the domain, clean install Windows 7 and try 10 again and see what happens.

Rowland Jonathan1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I downloaded the ISO tool but decided not to use a USB and just updated the comp from 8.1. Took about an hour and after a few little updates post update, it solved any weird glitches. Works really well. But.. I noticed there is a 30day roll back option despite choosing to 'keep nothing' and clean install. Is this just a safety net? I didn't find it announced anywhere prior to the update... But how clean is my install really? For example, my hard drive is almost full and apparently will be until I delete the 'back up' (which I have the option to do) or I can wait 4weeks and it does it automatically. Hmm..

I too had the option of reverting back to Win7 after I did the upgrade.However prior to clean install it warned me that I will not be able to revert back to win7 if I do so.And after the clean install I don't have that option now.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I installed the RTM build via the ISO several days ago, so it was nice to have that and not have to fight the bandwidth with others. I have many family/friends that are still struggling, but all in all, going good.

Let's hope that things get better after the initial push from the first couple days.

Good Luck All!

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had to use the Media Creation tool to upgrade one of my machines, I think anymore machines that don't automatically upgrade I would use this tool.
When you load you can either Upgrade this PC (doesn't require Licence Key) or create an ISO for a clean install...

Windows 10

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12