Another upgrade question- I replaced Win 7 with Win 10 TP months ago- what now?

Jeff123816

May 16, 2014
Visit site
This probably has been asked before but I've read so many different possibilities, I want to ask directly because I still don't know what to expect. Back in January, a family member introduced a virus to our Windows 7 Asus laptop. Long story short, I couldn't remove it and needed to reinstall the OS. Rather than reinstall Windows 7, I installed the Windows 10 tech preview and have been running slow ring builds ever since without much trouble. I'm currently updated to the latest build and would like to come off of tech preview once Windows 10 is officially released tomorrow. My question is whether I can do this without having to reinstall Windows 7 and then upgrade to the mainstream release of Win 10. I believe that the Win 7 recovery partition would have been left intact (although I haven't verified it), however, I would rather not go though all the hassle of two OS installs. Is it possible for me to input my Windows 7 license code to activate the current copy of Windows 10 that I'm using? I personally wouldn't mind staying on the insider rings but this laptop is used by the whole family and so I don't want to continue running beta-level software and to be forced to install new builds every few weeks.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720