The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

sdunn_dev

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Same here- late to the party but checking it out on my Insider build. Waiting for 12 am my local time to start the upgrade on my Surface Pro 3
My Surface Pro 3 is the one I cannot WAIT to get to Windows 10. Been running an Insider build in VMWare machine for months. Waiting to really make my Surface sing.

Ramzi Bourguiba

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
In my country (tunisia) There Is no Windows stores and there are just some people who already know Windows 8, i think i'm the only Windows insider in my country

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
So I have 6.23GB sitting in the $Windows.~BT folder and there's this file called Setup.exe that's screaming for me to try and run it. 5PM here in California so, is it that the activation servers won't start processing till 12AM ET/9PM PT?
Thoughts? Ideas?
And yes, part of the Insider program and this isn't even on the machine I was testing! Curious on the theory that this machine will be the install source for other machines in the house.

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
In my country (tunisia) There Is no Windows stores and there are just some people who already know Windows 8, i think i'm the only Windows insider in my country

I feel for you, Ramzi. On the other hand, I'm in Florida and can't see myself going to the Microsoft party in New York.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Aw damn. I received the invitation for the party (Singapore) ! Regret I'm not going as I couldn't find people to go with me haha. xD

Pre1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Don't do it!
Windows Reddit:
"As another side note, if you see "~Windows ~BT." DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT RUN SETUP.EXE. THINGS MAY BE DELETED AND BAD THINGS MAY HAPPEN [sic]. ESPECIALLY don't run it after everything has been downloaded! I can't tell you how many people in the comments have done this "by accident." Don't run it. Don't run it as administrator. Just don't touch it, don't look at it, leave it well alone. (Hype train broke down. Go directly to /r/britishproblems. Do not pass Go. Do not collect ?200.)"

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Change has finally come that echo around the globe , I'm am truly honored tone apart of this historical event , Alive I am after surviving a tragedy and capturing an actual live.com email account and choosing the awesome gamer tag Wildwest310 along with my first Lumia the 521 now grooving with the awesome 635 packed with Preview along with my XB1. Captured also the 640 Lumia , while waiting on Premium, and here to celebrate the spectacular Launch of Windows 10

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Changing my timezone to Japan didn't kick in the update. Guess I'll wait until midnight.

Holding out updating my main Windows device, Surface Pro 3, but I'll try it on my spare laptop.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the Windows.~BT on my desktop running 8.1 but not on my surface pro 2. I also have it on my laptop running 10240 but the date modified says 7/15 so its old, nothing downloaded today on that.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The folder downloaded to my computer today says date created is 7/10, so that's alright.

If you already have 10240, it's probably just spare files or something.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a surface Pro 3. I'm enlisted into the insider's program but never downloaded a preview build. I currently see the C:\$windows-BT hidden folder. About is showing me that 5.68GB, with a 'Size on Disk' as 4.16GB. My C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder has too much in it for me to discern what might be additional files. Everything in the folder appears to have names that are random strings of digits and alphas. I'm so anxious I can't do anything else. <Sigh>

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Don't do it!
Windows Reddit:
"As another side note, if you see "~Windows ~BT." DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT RUN SETUP.EXE. THINGS MAY BE DELETED AND BAD THINGS MAY HAPPEN [sic]. ESPECIALLY don't run it after everything has been downloaded! I can't tell you how many people in the comments have done this "by accident." Don't run it. Don't run it as administrator. Just don't touch it, don't look at it, leave it well alone. (Hype train broke down. Go directly to /r/britishproblems. Do not pass Go. Do not collect ?200.)"

Sooo....am I allowed to breathe in its vicinity?

Last edited:

emma0

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
seems like its trying to start the setup but it hasn't got the clearance from the central command (ms) to proceed. =)

installation will most likely initiate at the same time. someone said it would start at 8 CEST.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)