The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Uhoh, I assumed that my 6GB folder would mean that I could install at midnight, sorry to hear it.
I'm beginning to think we've got to wait for Satya to radio down to engineering to "make it so"! I haven't actually read anywhere that anyone's install has actually begun yet...

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Think I'm gonna wuss out peeps... It's 3am here... I've got 4 PCs sat here with their pre-download folders stuffed at between ~4-~6gb each, and I can't take this waiting much longer! :p I'm starting to annoy myself, going backwards and forwards between them, poking at them trying to make them do something! Lol ��
Get some sleep! Maybe when you wake up they will all be upgraded!

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Kind of hard to learn the advantages in OS you don't know in hour. IMO osx has much better productivity and fluidity when multitasking for me, but this is why I'm excited to give Win 10 a run, looks like they are addressing a lot of this with some new features. :grin:

I've probably spent quite a lot of time in it in total. I know my way around OS X just as well as any other OS, learning an OS has always come natural to me. There are parts of OS X I like, like the built in DVD player and Disk Utility is one of the best built-in disk management tools I've ever used. I just can't get myself to really.. like the OS though. Windows and Ubuntu are my two favorite operating systems.

Benjamin Schubert

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
It's a good thing I don't work tomorrow. I'm in CDT, so I could be up a while waiting for the download, but, 79 cent XL fountain drinks at Circle K is a very short drive away.

Pre1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I've probably spent quite a lot of time in it in total. I know my way around OS X just as well as any other OS, learning an OS has always come natural to me. There are parts of OS X I like, like the built in DVD player and Disk Utility is one of the best built-in disk management tools I've ever used. I just can't get myself to really.. like the OS though. Windows and Ubuntu are my two favorite operating systems.

Right on, they all do have their annoyances but finding what works best for you is what it is all about. I'm always ready to try something new and jump ship if it works better as my main work space, really itching to give this update a run.

geozukunft

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm from Austria it's 4:31 A.M. and I am waiting to start the files are downloaded but i can't install it yet

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

geozukunft

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
You can guarantee that within 10 mins of me going to bed, they'll all pop up with "Windows 10 is ready to install. Do you wish to continue?" Haha

Yeah I also think like this you go sleeping and 10 min. later it is ready

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's how I got things to start, courtesy of jordguitar from Facepunch:

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss