The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Installing on the laptop, but I borked it on my desktop which is re-downloading through the media creation tool.

DO NOT USE THE MEDIA CREATION TOOL IF YOU HAVE THE FULL BT FOLDER! IT OVERWRITES IT.
Now you tell me. I have three computers processing it now. All had the $ folder. Oh well, will go sleep and see what fun the morning brings.

Edit: after running, then canceling the tool I have two folders:

$Windows.~BT
$Windows.~WS

No Win10 in sight. Nice. Wonder what I broke?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I guess all of my files preloaded because I don't have that windows update screen saying its downloading, just a normal Blue Screen Update says "85% complete update for Windows 10 don't turn off your computer"

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Now you tell me. I have three computers processing it now. All had the $ folder. Oh well, will go sleep and see what fun the morning brings.

Edit: after running, then canceling the tool I have two folders:

$Windows.~BT
$Windows.~WS

No Win10 in sight. Nice. Wonder what I broke?

I did the same thing and have the same directories. I thought the media creation tool would just allow me to create installation media from the local download. I had no idea it would overwrite the $Windows directory. It was at 5.9 GB, not it is at 1.48 GB.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was going to install Professional, and do it as a clean install on my SP3, but since only the Enterprise version is available on my MSDN license, I guess I'll be installing Enterprise on the SP3. Aw, shucks! :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss