The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

pcp2014

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I had the same error on my Surface 3. I changed the Windows Update settings to Automatically Update and that seemed to fix it. It had failed 4 times today trying to update to Windows 10 until I made the change. I'm not sure if that was the fix or if it was coincidence.
:smile:

pbike908

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I think the insider page is gonna do the trick. I did the ***** thing of the day today -- I had the entire BT folder early in the day and then I ran ccleaner afterwards and ccleaner totally updated the BT folder, lol.

Earlier in the day the BT folder was about 6 gig and the one just downloaded is about 6 gigs. And I am getting the "we are getting things ready..." message after a download and verify

Update -- just accepted the license page. I can't believe one can just go to windows insider page and it downloaded really quick. Broke the internet??? Sounds like a click bait article to me.

Update -- Says checking for updates 16% thorugh....

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
My laptop has now gone to a black screen after the media creation tool said it was looking for updates. Hoping this is a minor thing. Not going to touch it for a while and just see what happens.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Like I already posted, these steps got Windows 10 to start properly installing for me:

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Why do I have no problems with SP2 but my desktop wont budge, says "no updates available" and when I check history it lists "Windows 10 Pro Failed" 5 or 6 times over.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
The GWX app says "we're validating Windows 10 for your PC. We recommend that you upgrade after you get a notification that Windows 10 is ready for your specific PC"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte