The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The app disappeared from my venue 8 pro. No update for it. And now my media pc is stating that the CPU is not supported after the windows 10 app giving me the all clear on comparability yesterday. Bit peeved.

pbike908

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
My install is taking forever. I am no stuck on 96% total -- 84% Configuring Settings. I have done many WIn 10 TP Preview updates including from ISOs. This one has been about an hour and a half. I hope it hasn't gone FUBAR on me. So close but yet so far...

As an FYI, I got my files from the WIndows Insider site versus fooling with Windows Update. I have a second computer -- this one -- that is trying to get the updates but I think like so many the update process is having troubles. Tomorrow I may do wither the Windows Insider or get them from Microsoft Software Download who has already put up a site where anyone can go and get ISOs.

Update -- It finally ticked up to 87% Configuring Settings. I was beginning to think it was hung up, but I guess not!!!

Update -- Woo Hoo!!! I made it over the top. Forget Window Update -- get your files from Windows Insider or Software Download!!!

Last edited:

Konstantin Andreev

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I downloaded the tool from the insider page but for some reason it wants to install windows 10 on my language and not english which is frustrating....do you know how can I fix this? And can some of you can download and upload the tool for english win10 version somewhere for me to download?

Ashutosh Sadaria

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I am new to this. Can someone answer me that If I upgrade from 8.1 to 10, my downloads, documents, etc folders stay as they were? I took backup of all those with Image Backup. But I don't want to restore all this after I upgrade went perfectly.

geozukunft

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I am new to this. Can someone answer me that If I upgrade from 8.1 to 10, my downloads, documents, etc folders stay as they were? I took backup of all those with Image Backup. But I don't want to restore all this after I upgrade went perfectly.

They won't get lost

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
2015-07-29 07.03.52.jpg
So cool to see this thread have so much action! As promised, I'm going to be giving away some sweet Windows Central goodies. How about 10 t-shirts for every 500 comments on this thread? Now, that's not the go-ahead to get all spammy. Just keep doing what you're doing and tomorrow (Wednesday) I'll come back and choose some random contributors to win their own WC shirt.

Alistair Ariss

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Having some issues... My Windows 10 started installing and then failed when (still on Win 8.1) preparing to install.
Now, the update (Win 10 will be installed when ready) doesn't appear, but my reservation is still existing.
I can see the $Windows.~BT, and it seems complete. Can I just press the setup.exe inside it? Thanks. ~From the UK. ~Win 8.1

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Like I already posted, these steps got Windows 10 to start properly installing for me:

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time

Seriously, stop waiting and just do this. You can get it done tonight! :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is the closest Microsoft Store where I live, but I won't be able to make it to the store for this event.

Is anyone from the Cleveland, OH area going? I'd love to see some pictures if you go.

Joosth

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I give up. Internet in China is to slow + switching from vpn to normal connection is making some troubles i think ;').
Gonna give it a try in my appartment tonight. Let's hope the internet there is gonna be good enough.

Good luck everybody.

viky1101

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Capture.JPG

this is my update history since yesterday.

My $Windows.~BT folder stands at 4.04 GB for hours now but i havent yet got an option to update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon