The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 update download failed; attempt number one !

This is mess; it's not streamlined the download update!

For some bizarre reason; when Windows was checking my requirements my screen saver stopped working; and my computer reboot; now Windows 10 is updating !

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, both of my tablets failed to update so Microsoft Store has them trying to fix them. On a side note, IDK what happened to it being a big deal at the stores. Only thing they are giving out is a Insider T-shirt and a drink and a whole line of people getting info on Windows 10. Other than that, it's business as usual.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 early this AM on a Windows 8.1 instance. No installation errors! Took about an hour and a half.

So far only issues are:
Can't open second Edge browser window with Shift + Left Click on task bar icon. (If you like this feature please feedback to Microsoft. I have)

ExpressCache won't work in Windows 10. ExpressCache is for making start up of the computer and starting common apps MUCH faster if you have an M-Sata SSD on the mother board. I have sent request to ASUS to get a Windows 10 version of ExpressCache.

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site

I am very glad they did this check during install validation. I had the GeForce 7100 in my test PC and struggled with it for quite some time - I just don't think NVIDIA has any plans to "quickly" create drivers for these older on-board cards. Since mine was a desktop, I ran over the Fry's and purchased a new GeForce GT 610... ($40)

I was really worried a lot of people would upgrade only to find they couldn't move away from the default Windows VGA driver.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 early this AM on a Windows 8.1 instance. No installation errors! Took about an hour and a half.

So far only issues are:
Can't open second Edge browser window with Shift + Left Click on task bar icon. (If you like this feature please feedback to Microsoft. I have)

You can always open a blank tab, right click it and select "move to new window".

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
You can always open a blank tab, right click it and select "move to new window".

Yes, I see that. Use my browser windows depending on subject and use tabs within subject. Just faster with Shift + Left Click when I want to start a new subject. Also Shift + Left Click a task bar icon for an new window has been around since Win 7. And Shift + Left click still works in Win 10 for Chrome, IE and almost all other apps. Just don't get why they left it out of Edge.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I see that. Use my browser windows depending on subject and use tabs within subject. Just faster with Shift + Left Click when I want to start a new subject. Also Shift + Left Click a task bar icon for an new window has been around since Win 7. And Shift + Left click still works in Win 10 for Chrome, IE and almost all other apps. Just don't get why they left it out of Edge.

Well, Edge is very incomplete. In fact, a lot of webpages tell you they don't support Edge. Even Microsoft webpages lol. So yah it will become the next Internet explorer by reputation.

anon(9099462)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Left my Surface on through the night and when I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. (time that my dog usually prefers to wake me up) it was ready to install. It took about 30 minutes and now I'm enjoying Windows 10. There seem to still be a few bugs to fix but all and all is great. Just a little side note make sure you do reserve your copy of Windows 10 because if you reserve it today you might not be able to actually get installed today but have to wait a few more days. My brother just reserved his copy today and the update hasn't popped up in Windows update yet.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Update Failed ! I can't run the setup file, this is a disaster. When Windows 8 was released; I had it installed and running same day of release; Windows 10 is turning out a failure for the update !

WHY NO DVD OF WINDOWS 10 ?

I can tell you many will have problems; to which I think Microsoft should send out DVD. Microsoft wants a billion PC with Windows 10 in a year, the way things are going on launch day, I'm not to sure !

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
All installed and how good is it? Well I just streamed Destiny from my Xbox one to my desktop and played using a Keyboard and Mouse with a Xim4... MS you built a winner!
WP_20150729_12_25_39_Pro.jpg

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Update Failed ! I can't run the setup file, this is a disaster. When Windows 8 was released; I had it installed and running same day of release; Windows 10 is turning out a failure for the update !

WHY NO DVD OF WINDOWS 10 ?

I can tell you many will have problems; to which I think Microsoft should send out DVD. Microsoft wants a billion PC with Windows 10 in a year, the way things are going on launch day, I'm not to sure !

You're complaining but, Microsoft has released the ISO to download so you can create your own install media. As far as Microsoft sending out DVDs, seriously, they give you a (free) upgrade and you also want them to spend some extra money to make an install media for you because people are too lazy and cheap to do it themselves?

Btw, the CD\DVD install media are headed the way of the dodo. I wouldn't expect any company moving forward to use them much setting as there are too many simpler alternatives now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon