The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Really looking forward to seeing how future insider builds pan out and how many/how fast new features come in.

All in all though, this RTM bulld is great.​ Just hoping for some Edge improvements as far as page loading and scrolling with the keyboard.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
You're complaining but, Microsoft has released the ISO to download so you can create your own install media. As far as Microsoft sending out DVDs, seriously, they give you a (free) upgrade and you also want them to spend some extra money to make an install media for you because people are too lazy and cheap to do it themselves?

Btw, the CD\DVD install media are headed the way of the dodo. I wouldn't expect any company moving forward to use them much setting as there are too many simpler alternatives now.

Microsoft cut so many Jobs; obviously they won't send out DVDs.

It's the principle; if one wants ISO they can get ISO, if one wants to do the upgrade as you must to upgrade previous versions of Windows; then that should work.

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You're complaining but, Microsoft has released the ISO to download so you can create your own install media. As far as Microsoft sending out DVDs, seriously, they give you a (free) upgrade and you also want them to spend some extra money to make an install media for you because people are too lazy and cheap to do it themselves?

Btw, the CD\DVD install media are headed the way of the dodo. I wouldn't expect any company moving forward to use them much setting as there are too many simpler alternatives now.
how are meant to use when product keys purchased for Win 8.x or 7 wont activate on it and I've heard we cant use a temp key then swap to our own later after setup on win 10 like we could on 8.1

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Really looking forward to seeing how future insider builds pan out and how many/how fast new features come in.

All in all though, this RTM bulld is great.​ Just hoping for some Edge improvements as far as page loading and scrolling with the keyboard.

You and me both and as far as Edge, dear god don't load the Windows Central forums in it. The ads make the browser unusable. Definitely needs an ad blocker to tone the excessive amount of ads down so it doesn't crash.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I paid alot of dough for Microsoft licenses I expect after Job cuts and the confidence that Microsoft put forth to everyone that an upgrade to Windows 10 works, and works well.

It appears the Job cuts has caused problems and their confidence was a little extreme.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I can guarantee if Microsoft said today, for $9.99 we will mail you the DVD of Windows 10 many would pay ! You can talk my ear off regarding the fact you can download ISO but you don't really how many people with computers consider upgrades such as this, to them it's not equivalent to pouring a can of soup in a pot and turning on the oven heat.

And to that I can also say; the world is full of roses and you can trust everyone; which once again is another pot of crap.

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
how are meant to use when product keys purchased for Win 8.x or 7 wont activate on it and I've heard we cant use a temp key then swap to our own later after setup on win 10 like we could on 8.1

I don't understand your question. If you download and burn the ISO to a CD, you can do either an upgrade or a clean install over your existing W8/7 and it will keep your product key intact. You will need to find your original key if you decide to reformat or replace your hard drive prior to the update.

How to download Windows 10 ISO files | PCWorld

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Been using windows 10 on my SP3 since 1 AM last night and I've also got the download available on my parents windows 7 laptops along with all my RTM 10240 preview pc's and tablets along with the windows 8.1 systems at work... So I think they did a fine job of the rollout.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand your question. If you download and burn the ISO to a CD, you can do either an upgrade or a clean install over your existing W8/7 and it will keep your product key intact. You will need to find your original key if you decide to reformat or replace your hard drive prior to the update.

The upgrade should work within Windows. I'm going to tell someone to download the ISO, and to that there reply is "what is an iso" ? Enough said. I know what an ISO is, but regardless the upgrade should work via Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
in a years time when they start charging will we have to pay if we did a clean install of our windows 10 using the install of Windows 8.x and then to Win 10 update method?

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The upgrade should work within Windows. I'm going to tell someone to download the ISO, and to that there reply is "what is an iso" ? Enough said. I know what an ISO is, but regardless the upgrade should work via Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.

So, for every solution you are given you have another negative response. Instead of looking for the solution or accepting solutions given all you want to do is complain which isn't solving anything.

I have a laptop which upgraded just fine but, I also have 2 tablets that the update failed and I'm not crying about it. I looked for the solution and solving it. It's software, things happen.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Good question; don't do a clean install. An upgrade should work; I was informed from someone there computer is destroyed after attempting to upgrade to Windows 10, they didn't have an backup but just goes to show what I've been saying.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

If you go to the ISO download link which is VERY easy to find you simply run the program in the link and it allows an in place upgrade. Could not be simpler than that

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site

It should... I don't have any idea what you are doing wrong.

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure doing a clean install it asks for the product Key and b/c it does it will fail b/c Windows 8.x/7 product Keys wont activate Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12