The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Negativity aside: For those who haven't found it, I made sure my updates had all been installed on my Surface Pro 2 and then clicked the Windows announcement in my tool tray. An offer to upgrade appeared, and voila, about half an hour later I'm running 10. (I had the ~BT file).
I'm an Insider but opted not to install early. All I can say is WOW. Can't wait to get home from work and do the PCs.

For those still partying, party on.

mkmaster78

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Gabe Aul posted a direct link for the ISO utility (which can also be used to do a direct upgrade) on his twitter. I can't post links on the forum as yet, but hopefully this will show up:
https:// www .microsoft .com/en-us/software-download/windows10
(remove the spaces in the address

BrandonLiveuh

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Converting from non-activated Technical Preview to fully activated MSDN subscription with MSDN key was as easy as inputting the now available MSDN keys into the Activation screen and allowing it to perform an "Edition Upgrade". Was complete in about 3 minutes.
I was dreading a clean install from MSDN media.
Way to go Microsoft! This time .. no sarcasm :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded my SP3, but still pondering if I should upgrade my main desktop.

I use Autodesk Maya and Unity 4.6 for work, and I haven't found too much info about how they run.

jimm69

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Met a Microsoft Corporate person at the launch party in St. Louis today who said that October was going to be a very big month for hardware releases from Microsoft. He then went on to say that the new 950 phones that are coming have even better cameras than is being leaked out so far. He claims they are 40 megapixel cameras like the 1020 and are super fast. He said just expect better things than you are reading. He didn't say what else is coming but I could guess that it would be Surface Pro 4 and the new Band. He also confirmed a surface phone for next year. Windows 10 for Xbox should also be out by the end of the year and yes, it will stream to the phones also.

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've heard some complaints about the New browser but i quite like the way it looks and the idea behind the writing on sites, cutting & Saving things of interest, its a bit thin on traditional browser features but once it matures I can actually see Microsoft with a competitive browser for once

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Open discussion can lead to disagreement in an agreeable fashion.

I would think anything named "Tailgate Party" would stay light in tone. :winktongue:

Adil Nyle

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure its just me but I'm having problems downloading Windows 10 on my laptop. I was trying to install it on my secondary laptop which is an HP Stream 11. According to the "Get Windows 10" App, my system has met all the specifications for the upgrade except its not touchscreen.

I have the requisite memory and a Flash drive of 64-gigs to download it as an ISO from the website. I did reserve an upgrade and under my Windows Update section it says.... "Windows 10 has been reserved and you'll be notified once the download is ready." I have already backed up my files so I'm ready to go for the upgrade.

However, I've tried both the command line method and downloading it directly from the Microsoft website and both are dead-ends so far. When I ran the command prompt the first time it started downloading but then failed for some reason. Then I tried the website download which gave me the media installer but after an hour the upgrade was still showing 0% so I closed out of that.

So my questions are thus:

1. Am I doing something incorrectly?
2. Is my laptop not compatible with Windows 10?
3. Should I just wait for the reserved upgrade to start?
4. And what is the estimated download and installation time for 10?

I know this was a long post but I wanted to give you guys all the details to make it easier. Please let me know if you guys can help me solve this... Thank you.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to use an ISO from MSDN, but as it turns out I am out of DVDs (had one, but it was scratched and wouldn't work). So I redownloaded using the tool from insider.windows.com, creating the jump drive. I wanted a clean install, so I tried a reset in Win8 on my SP3, and it couldn't do the reset.

I upgraded to Win10, and then did a reset, expecting it to go back to a fresh install of Win10, but no. It went back to 8.1. So now I'm running the Win10 upgrade again (right now downloading the updates). Ugh.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Unless there's free beer, it's not a real tailgate party!

The only giveaways at the Beachwood store other than the Insider shirts were free drinks and food. (OJ, water, and pop)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12