The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The patch, unless that's been taken care of as well

Patches have been rolling out for users for days now on the TP. I think the reason people are saying they got a patch is just because they didn't update before and everything is now coming at once.

To add to that though, I imagine we will see a ton of patches released during the next week that will polish up some of the bits that users are having issues with. 😉

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Unless there's free beer, it's not a real tailgate party!

The only giveaways at the Beachwood store other than the Insider shirts were free drinks and food. (OJ, water, and pop)

Same at the store here in New Orleans. I was expecting it to be at least a little more going on than it was but, o well. At least I got that cool Windows 10 shirt. 😁

thememonster93

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I was going fine until some other people started to get on my home connection. Now at 70% downloaded. According to resource monitor it is going at about 30KB/s yay...

jimm69

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
We had T shirts that only went up to XL so i wont ever wear it. They did have some really good breakfast sandwiches, bagels, drinks, and a hash brown casserole. They took our business cards for a drawing but after 2 hours we left with nothing drawn yet. This was in St. Louis.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Same at the store here in New Orleans. I was expecting it to be at least a little more going on than it was but, o well. At least I got that cool Windows 10 shirt. ��

Did they have white or black options for the shirts?

Up here we did. I got a black one so I didn't stain it!

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Did they have white or black options for the shirts?

Up here we did. I got a black one so I didn't stain it!

Dammit, they gave us white but I have to go back up there to pick up tablets. I'm going to ask them if they have a black one. The logo just looks better on a black shirt.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just arrived here at the Sao Paulo event, MS have a pre-launch event at a nice restaurant. Lets see how it goes. The Fan event itself starts in 2 hours.

sibeans

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Unless there's free beer, it's not a real tailgate party!

The only giveaways at the Beachwood store other than the Insider shirts were free drinks and food. (OJ, water, and pop)

press tab on your keyboard and hold your glass under the media drive

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
While work (doing windows phone development) caused me to miss the morning launch party, I will be going to the festivities at the Microsoft store in Dallas, TX once I leave work for the day.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My main desktop still says "we're validating windows 10 for your PC...blah blah blah, notify me when ready" It hasn't done anything all day. According to @windows on twitter the update to Windows 10 could take weeks to show up LOL. People were outraged when they tweeted that out.

ahmed_benjemaa

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Calm down. It's the first time for Microsoft to do this and it's a free upgrade. If they had CD's they would cost you money. Plus the shipping and all... Si just sit, relax and wait. It'll come to you

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Wait a week ---- This was not planned out well ! You can't justify 2,000 or 3,000 people are successful and 20,000 people are not successful; I've read many media outlets were people are complaining about failed installations from IT to novices.

A far cry from a 6 yr old upgrading who read a script on what to click, hahaha !

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up tablets from Microsoft store, from a successful upgrade on both and, site manager asked if my wife and daughter could be photographed hugging a Surface Pro 3 for Microsoft's website. Pretty awesome day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck