The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my laptop working nicely with Windows 10. Ended up doing a clean install to get rid of any rubbish that could have been left over. Must say... I'm digging the new UI.

how did you do the clean intall. via ISO or Media tool.
Doing with this does activate the copy..?
Mine is an OEM (HP) Version of 8.1
Nd afraid of doing clean install, that it will end up in non-activated windows.
Automatic WU Keeps on failing. So far around 10 times. Thinking of downloading ISO

Joosth

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hahah man...
Being in China is a pain in the ***.
Appearantly China's oh so great firewall blocks 3 updates (803mb). Zo i need to get to some spot with awesome internet so i can use my VPN to download it.

Atleast i figured out what my problem is haha. :devil:

AbAll87

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
What I'm dealing with, got to 97% and fails

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 12933.jpg
    12933.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 12932.jpg
    12932.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 5

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get it clean installed on my machine, and activated to. Everything is setup now. Let's see how this goes.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I managed to get it clean installed on my machine, and activated to. Everything is setup now. Let's see how this goes.

with iso or mediatool. mine is OEM Copy of 8.1
so if gone for a fresh install will the windows be activated.
WU Updates failing continously. downloading for 7th time now.. Going on 57%.
if it fails again i will go for ISO Download. will that activate my windows.?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Go to the media tool and perform an upgrade, one that's done you can find out your windows 10 product key. Make a note of it and do a clean install. This activated fine for me.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Why is my desktop beta win 10 updated before my surface pro 3 and other tablets? It's the second day, and still nothing. :(

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Strange. NVidia has their new W10 driver up. Btw, installed W10 flawlessly on my desktop from the insider site. Today my Alienware notebook said it was ready to install. Install went flawlessly again. Really liking W10. Edge seems much faster than IE11, but I do miss the "home" button.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Successfully updated an old HP z800 workstation from win 7 pro. Initially tried to force the win10 without success, it later came on its own. No problems, trouble free. I love Windows 10.

My brother's surface pro 3 received the update first, July 29th afternoon. I'm currently finishing a clean install of win 8 on his desktop. Trying to get 8.1 installed, then we'll see how long it takes to get 10.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Atlast Succesfully updated to 10 after a number of try via WU

Now if i want to do a clean install can i use the "Install.esd" in Windows BT Folder to create a bootable media..?

T 33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Got same screen on my Samsung ATIV XE500 and it refuses to go further and keeps getting stuck on the roll back as it can no longer see the Backup.

Been working on this for two days so not happy that my tablets been out of use that long!

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Best Advice I can give is; DON'T FORCE THE UPGRADE and don't assume that because for some it worked well, the same will work for you.

Download the Windows 10 notification program and simply wait. I got Windows10 today (July 31) if you have other PC you probably will have to wait a few days; the upgrade may work out much smoothly this method, atleast I hope in your situation. :)

Microsoft is doing the upgrade in waves, hopefully you catch the wave early; live and learn !

Last edited:

Nicholas Lovell

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Why don't force? It worked for me. Then after it activated, I did a clean install. Also activated. Works fine, all it does it let you cut in line, it doesn't affect the download or installation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon