The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
how did you do the clean intall. via ISO or Media tool.
Doing with this does activate the copy..?
Mine is an OEM (HP) Version of 8.1
Nd afraid of doing clean install, that it will end up in non-activated windows.
Automatic WU Keeps on failing. So far around 10 times. Thinking of downloading ISO

Sorry for the slow response.
I ended up using the media tool, and installing it on my flashdrive. From there I ran it on the laptop, and it ran through it with no issues at all. Remember to first do the upgrade, then you are free to do a clean install. Remember to take down both the old license and new license keys just in case. The clean install should not require you to input any keys at all as it automatically does it. It might fail at first due to the impressive load MS is under. A friend as well as myself were not capable of activating windows for about an hour. It's an issue that should fix itself in due time.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting...hopefully it will be compatible with my 2009 MoBo/BIOS. No notification on my Yoga Pro2 yet, but im expecting Lenovo to push something out eventually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
okay guys I figured something out. apparently my win10 icon notifier doesn't work, and I accidentally went to control panel under 'windows update' on the bottom left and it asked if I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 now, and so I did.

now my question is how long is this going to take? I have to leave the house for at least 5 hours, will I do a bunch of clicking or will it do this by itself within the 5 hour I'm not home?

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the slow response.
I ended up using the media tool, and installing it on my flashdrive. From there I ran it on the laptop, and it ran through it with no issues at all. Remember to first do the upgrade, then you are free to do a clean install. Remember to take down both the old license and new license keys just in case. The clean install should not require you to input any keys at all as it automatically does it. It might fail at first due to the impressive load MS is under. A friend as well as myself were not capable of activating windows for about an hour. It's an issue that should fix itself in due time.

yes. i got it via WU itself. As i was out of station was nt able to reply.
So for doing a clean install can i use the "Install.esd" file in the Windows BT Folder. its the windows 10 file downloaded via WU weighing 2.7gb.
OR should i download an ISO file from first.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720