Upgrade on clean install/ Keyless Windows 7/8/8.1

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure how this upgrade thing is handled. I had one PC that came without any OS (bits were swapped so OS removed) - I had ISO installed W10 TP on it. Today after getting full upgrade, I stopped Insider Builds, it then restarted and now my W10 is still activated. I believe you can convert - Pirated Windows (keyless versions) to Genuine as long as you associate your local account with MSA. You DON'T need to be a life time insider as every other blog said. At least for me that isn't the case today. Not an insider on keyless PC, but have genuine full version installed.

Can anyone confirm? I am definitely sure that my BIOS was wiped clean when bits were swapped on the PC so technically there isn't any key logged in my BIOS.

TL;DR
What I understood before today: You need to be Windows Insider and have MSA connected all the time to have genuine W10 if you don't have key.
What I understand after today: You DONT need to be Windows Insider but have MSA connected all the time to have genuine W10 if you don't have key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss