Why am I not able to open the settings app in Windows 10? Anyone here with the same problem?

Shriniwas Shukla

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
updated my dell laptop to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Now everything is fine but i am not able to open setting app. I am in india and i was not insider. please suggest

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: not able to open setting app in windows 10. any one here with same problem ?

Did you try turning it off and on again?

What happens when you click on settings

Shriniwas Shukla

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: not able to open setting app in windows 10. any one here with same problem ?

when u click on setting , it gets open and closed . just a blink. cant even see anything.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

to OP: How did you update it? I am facing issues while installing the update through Windows Update? Could you tell me the way you upgraded it to W10? Thanks.

Vlad M1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

I have the exact same issue.
I just updated from my windows 8.1 (surface pro) to windows 10.
The settings opens and closes instantly (no matter where i open it).

I also have problems opening display or personalize settings (from desktop).

How can we solve this? Without reinstalling and losing all data

Shriniwas Shukla

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

exactly. Same case with me. If i try to right click and go to personalize settings, it give some kinda error.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Are we using Touch or mouse?

Tablet or Desktop mode?

Try switching it up. If it takes, check manually for updates. I am guessing Msft is pushing patches as fast as they can.

GoodGuyTX

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site

Same problem here with a Surface Pro 2, upgraded from 8.1.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I have no problems with Settings app..it's opening and functioning as it should.

mayank8382

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why am I able to open the settings app in Windows 10? Anyone here with the same problem?

dear friends I also have same problem can't open the open setting from windows 10 .. device Lenovo g500s ... I update from windows update option from 8.1 to 10... can you figure out this problem... ?

Kyle Myers1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I just had the same problem, but i found something that fixed it for me. Apparently Microsoft is aware of a bug that causes this and has released a diagnostic tool to fix the issue on current windows 10 devices. especially helpful for me since as a developer I cant work until my PC is configured to run debugging software. Anyway here are the links.

Download : download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/CSSEmerg67758.diagcab
source of claim : thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-settings-app-does-not-launch

I hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs