Is it possible to disable CONVERSATION view in the new Windows 10 Mail app?

wlsuen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to disable CONVERSATION view in the new Windows 10 Mail app? It is so annoying as I am not a fan of conversation view.

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been ******** about this all along but there has been no response from Microsoft via any channels that indicate they are interested in changing it. The mail app in Windows 10 is so fundamentally broken, it's hard to believe. The only explanation I can think of is that it was coded by an intern as a project and then forgotten about after the intern left for summer camp.

wlsuen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The Mail app on Win 8.1 does has some flaws. However, it actually provide me with a better overall experience than the new one on Win 10.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I get a lot of crap in my gmail which is handled really well in the gmail app on my phone and the web client. However it gets all dumped in my inbox in the mail app with no way to select multiple messages to quickly delete. I must have spent half an hour last night thinking I was being silly that I had to select every email I want to delete. Where is shift and down arrow combo?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

CallMeBetty

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Yep. I've wasted my whole evening trying to get all my email accounts onto outlook instead just to get some decent view, it's f*cked it over and is crashing every 30 seconds - I'm going back to windows 8.1. Shame, I liked that Edge browser from what I saw of it, but this is just painful.

C kk

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, shocking... Also, is there no way to have two accounts with folders visible in the left pane like it's done in all other email clients? I only see one at a time and lots of clicking to switch between accounts and to see folders. Help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte