Cortana stopped working

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Didnt really notice when it happened, but search and Cortana seemed to have stopped working in 10240. the search bar is greyed out, and clicking on the Cortana tile gets no responce. Anyone ele notic this problem?

John Groft

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Same issue happened to me. Sometimes clicking on the Cortana tile gives me a dark gray window/popup above the search box (what would normally be the Cortana popup), but nothing appears no matter how long I wait.

Clicking in the search box changes the color, but it reverts to its original state almost immediately and no cursor is displayed.

It worked right after I upgraded, but it seems to have quit after I plugged in a standard microphone. Unplugging it does nothing. I haven't poked around yet to find out what it was. I was hoping someone else had run into it and solved it already.

Chris Riggle

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine is broken too was working fine yesterday. When I hit the mic there is no response,... hey cortana is turned on.

No idea

When I type stuff it just searches,.... no voice. Was a good digital assistant and now its useless. FAIL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss