Windows did not detect any networking hardware error after upgrading Surface PRO to Windows 10. Has anyone else run into this problem?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows did not detect any networking hardware error after upgrading Surface PRO to Windows 10

After upgrading my surface PRO to windows 10 today it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the network. Going in to setup a connection windows displays the error "windows did not detect any networking hardware". Has anyone else run into this problem? I enabled, disabled, re-enabled, and re-installed the network adapter but it didn't seem to help

SPCHANDLER

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows did not detect any networking hardware error after upgrading Surface PRO to Windows 10

I'm having the same issue with a surface 3. I've tried the same things as well as loading new drivers from the Microsoft site surface 3 MSI file Surface3_150623.msi No luck...

todojo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows did not detect any networking hardware error after upgrading Surface PRO to Windows 10

Same issue. Can't install the .ppkg file downloaded from microsoft either to attempt manual reinstall. Big bummer!

Using surface pro 3 and upgraded to today's released Windows 10.

todojo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Just got off the phone from microsoft and surface support: apparently it is a known issue affecting more than just the surface devices. The only advice they could give (after doing all the troubleshooting) was to revert back to 8.1 and then upgrade again to 10. we'll see if that works...

quinne8d

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here ( HP Probook 450s) I revert back to Win 8.1.... Give me info, if re-install worked! THANKS!

todojo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Just booted back up after downgrading to 8.1 (restoring all network capability) and upgrading again to 10. No go. Still has the same issue. I thought for sure if Windows 10 was going to work on any device it would be the surface, but no bueno.

Tammy79

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

I reverted and reinstalled and everything is working now. I had to uninstall my Cisco VPN client first before upgrading.

Stunrunner

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Same here. Pro 3 upgrading to 10, no network adapters, reverted back to 8.1, twice now. I do have Hamachi VPN installed, maybe I'll try uninstalling that and trying again...

Stunrunner

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

UPDATE: I uninstalled Hamachi VPN and a Cisco VPN from a while ago, reinstalled Windows 10, and now the adapters are showing up. I'm not sure which it was, but it's fixed for me now.

Steve Sawyer

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Having the same problem with an Asus laptop. Only a few months old, and I haven't installed any VPN clients.

SPCHANDLER

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

surface 3 fixed
I reverted back to 8.1, then uninstalled the Cisco vpn software. Windows automatically downloaded the windows 10 update and reinstalled.. WIFI is back online, no issues so far.

dawn_az

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Same issue... Reverted to 8.1, uninstalled Cisco VPN, upgraded to Windows 10 again, Surface Pro 3 is happy.

George Priestner

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem.. but after reverting back to Windows 8.1 I still do not have networking capability. Any suggestions? I'm trying to re download the drivers but having a tough time of it.

George Priestner

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

I reverted back to windows 8.1 but still have no networking capabilities.. any suggestions? I've tried re-downloading drivers from a norther laptop and installing them on my surface but no luck still..

D Mert

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue. Rolled back to windows 8.1 via the option embedded into Windows 10 (I think it's under Settings/Update). Uninstalled the Cisco VPN client and then reinstalled Windows 10 and my internet connection returned. This is definitely a thing. For me it was on a home-built machine, not a Surface.

Trevor smith9

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site

I went to settings/network/status/ and at the bottom it should say "network reset". This worked for me. Lmk how it goes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo